“All my guests had an amazing time”
Review of Alison House Hotel

Alison House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cromford
Reviewed 5 March 2014

It is 4 days after our wedding at Alison house. All of my 50 guests have raved about the rooms, breakfast, bar staff, food and welcoming atmosphere. As the bride, sharon gave me support and everything i needed was no bother. The garden room was a bit of a challenge to make into the ceremony room but with balloons, 10 metres of white material, renting the seat covers and removing the hotel pictures it was fine. The sun was shining so we didnt need the horrible lights on.I would really suggest any bride to have some imagination to decorate it as the strip lighting can really put people off. Anyway it was all good, and the drinks and canapes out on the lawn was perfect. I would recommend this for a wedding, or just an overnight. I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank cabannah
There are newer reviews for Alison House Hotel

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Came to Allison House from Scotland for my cousins wedding. The staff were very friendly and helpful making sure we had everything we needed. the rooms were very spacious and the beds were extremely comfy. one of our other party stayed in the annexe which was also lovely. thanks again for making this day so special

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maria l
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Attended a wedding here on March 1st. Absolutely brilliant. The organisation by Sharon and her team could not be bettered. The staff were so welcoming. We also stayed for 2 nights. The accommodation was great, no complaints at all. Breakfasts were excellent. We are thinking of staying at Alison House again as we are keen walkers and even though we only live about 20 miles it would be worth it to enjoy the hospitality again. It is only a few minutes walk from the historic centre of Cromford itself, where there is so much to see. And it is also just a mile or so from Matlock Bath where there is also much to see. The Cable Cars in Matlock Bath were very much enjoyed by several members of our party on the day after the wedding. It is also only a 30 minute drive from Chatsworth House, probably our finest stately home in this country. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business with colleagues for one night. The location was straightforward to find and is set in some peaceful and pretty grounds. The welcome was friendly, half our party were in the main house I was in the cottage annex which was ok for me although the bathroom was certainly compact (small) and could do with a deep clean - the room was well appointed and the bed comfy. The free wifi throughout the hotel worked well and was a real plus point in my mind.
The food was ok, I had the ribeye steak, just didn't realise they did rib eye minute steaks, the chips were not great either. Breakfast was well laid out and tasty

Would I come again/recommend? Yes, I would

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We chose Alison House after visiting a few places in the area to hold a celebration of life. The staff were professional, understanding, kind of helpful. I decided to stay the night before and the evening of the celebration, together with some other family members. My room was upstairs in "The Cottage" and was very pleasant. My sister and her husband stayed in the Arkwright Suite, which is very roomy and luxurious. The feeling of Alison House is of a proper family home. The food was excellent (we had dinner and breakfast, and they did the catering for the celebration). The garden is lovely, and it is ideally located to walk into the village, and for visits to places of interest locally, with good public transport links. My only minor gripe was that the shower was a mere trickle. I reported this to reception and they were appreciative and said they needed to be made aware of these things.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn H
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have visited tis area numerous times and like to stay in different establishments. I feel that is part of the holiday experience. I found Alison House through booking.com and read all the marvellous reviews around it.
I marrived just as it got dark and the building looked fantastic,lit up very tastefully. I parked the car ,entered reception and was greeted by a very friendly and helpful young man,named Jack. He helped me with my luggae when he showed me my room.
The room was large and airy, tastefully decorated ,with an en suite.
I had a long drive that day so decided to stay in my room for the evening.
As the evening drew in the central heating started!!!! it was extremely nosiey and veri ineffective: there was one medium size radiator in the bedroom and none in the artic like bathroom.
I had intended showering but that was out of the question as it was far too cold.
I got into bed and woke up freezing cold: I really don't feel that a cotton sheet, thin blanket and silk throw is adequate covering on a bed for a Winters night???
I found another thin blanket in the wardrobe and put on some socks and a jumper.
Breakfast the next morning was in the lovely dining area, overlooking the garden. Food was plentiful and of a good standard. Plenty of tea and coffee.
I went out for the day and on my return,as expected the room had been cleaned and so had the bathroom.
I went out all day saturday and returned late. I discovered that my bathroom had not been touched??? Bin not emptied, no fresh toilet roll or towel.

All in all the stay was nice but hampered by the fact I was so cold all the time.And the fact I had no toilet roll for Sunday and had to resort to tissues....
What has REALLY disapointed me is the fact I have sent TWO emails to the hotel and they have not had the decency to reply to either......
I definitley will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: DON'T go for room 4
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ceriliz
AlisonHouse, General Manager at Alison House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Customer service and satisfaction are extremely important to us and we like all our guests to have a comfortable stay. Thank you for your review . All are read and action taken to improve the Hotel where and when possible.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed one night in the ground floor room that caters for dogs as our friends were in the self catering cottage next door. Received a friendly welcome on arrival and our room was excellent, warm and extremely comfortable. For a room that catered for dogs I was really impressed, you would never have known that any dogs had ever been in there. Breakfast was lovely and there was a vast choice. The hotel is in beautiful grounds with plenty of interesting places to visit.

Just one minor downside was that we found the bed rather hard to sleep on but that's my view and would probably be fine for others. Would certainly visit again and recommend to others.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrea F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromford
New Bath Hotel and Spa
Peak Edge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stonedge
East Lodge Country House Hotel
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel

Been to Alison House Hotel? Share your experiences!