Alison House Hotel
US$57
Travelodge
US$73
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmatlock batharkwright suitea small double roomson's weddingwedding venuegarden roomroll top bathpeak districtfriendly hotelevening meallarge partythe main housethe ground floorchatsworth housewedding breakfastheights of abrahampoached eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Joined up with 5 friends for Lunch at this wonderful place. I stayed there about 20 years ago when it was not an Hotel and owned by Toc H.
I had wonderful memories, good company and a superb meal. Heartily recommend it. My Dietary Requirements were dealt with efficiently with no fuss which is always a plus for my friends!
I wish I had booked a room and could have stayed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat D
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Everyone needs to know about this amazing place!
Held our wedding ceremony and reception here on the weekend if 15th of March, and have nothing but praise and good things to say.
The surroundings, the rooms, the friendly and helpful staff, the lovely food/drink....could go on.
Nothing was too much trouble, and all the stops were pulled out to make our wedding weekend absolutely amazing!
If you want a place to get away, a yummy lunch/dinner, you need to visit Sharon and the staff at Alison House.

Room Tip: The Arkwright Room (honeymoon suite) is beautiful!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gemma W
Reviewed 5 March 2014

It is 4 days after our wedding at Alison house. All of my 50 guests have raved about the rooms, breakfast, bar staff, food and welcoming atmosphere. As the bride, sharon gave me support and everything i needed was no bother. The garden room was a bit of a challenge to make into the ceremony room but with balloons, 10 metres of white material, renting the seat covers and removing the hotel pictures it was fine. The sun was shining so we didnt need the horrible lights on.I would really suggest any bride to have some imagination to decorate it as the strip lighting can really put people off. Anyway it was all good, and the drinks and canapes out on the lawn was perfect. I would recommend this for a wedding, or just an overnight. I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank cabannah
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Came to Allison House from Scotland for my cousins wedding. The staff were very friendly and helpful making sure we had everything we needed. the rooms were very spacious and the beds were extremely comfy. one of our other party stayed in the annexe which was also lovely. thanks again for making this day so special

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maria l
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Attended a wedding here on March 1st. Absolutely brilliant. The organisation by Sharon and her team could not be bettered. The staff were so welcoming. We also stayed for 2 nights. The accommodation was great, no complaints at all. Breakfasts were excellent. We are thinking of staying at Alison House again as we are keen walkers and even though we only live about 20 miles it would be worth it to enjoy the hospitality again. It is only a few minutes walk from the historic centre of Cromford itself, where there is so much to see. And it is also just a mile or so from Matlock Bath where there is also much to see. The Cable Cars in Matlock Bath were very much enjoyed by several members of our party on the day after the wedding. It is also only a 30 minute drive from Chatsworth House, probably our finest stately home in this country. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family