“Great views,good food,losing its uniqueness”

Thea Restaurant Wine Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Pounta
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Thea Restaurant, Wine Club and Sundowner Bar at the harbour to Antiparos is a historical fine dining place with a great variety of over 500 lables of Greek wines as well as a unique sundowner location with a unique cocktail list.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Thea has been for over 10 years the best restaurant in Paros.The owner,Nicos,his sister in the kitchen and his wife at the service have made an unbeatable team for many years.
However,us being regulars,are witnessing signs of maturity meaning the spirit of searching for new tastes,the relentless pursuit for bold new recipes has gradually evaporated.The menu is more or less the same for ever and only the vast wine collection reminds us 'veterans' the search for excellence Thea was known for,when it first opened its doors.Still a great restaurant but getting tired.

1  Thank Christospap
There are newer reviews for Thea Restaurant Wine Club

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

First dining experience in Paros and it was fantastic. The host, Nicholas was so warm, welcoming and had on the most amazing gingham shirt (sidebar). We moved tables once due to being seated right near a large group that began smoking.

The upper deck, although also open air, allowed smoking too. Kind of a bummer, but...

He offered to move us inside, but when we checked it out, it reeked of cigars. So back to the upper deck we went.

Considering I can be a bit high maintenance about smoking, and kept going outside when people would light up, the staff were so understanding, and attentive.

Nicholas assured me there is no fat on the beef there because he doesn't like it. So I went with the filet and it was flawless. As was the wine he selected for us.

The waiters and Nicholas held court all evening making sure all the guests were happy, he greeted everyone that came in warmly.

I would love if they would make the upper deck non smoking!

1  Thank KellyG_NYC
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This restaurant was just lovely. The owner and staff were unbelievably welcoming. The inside of the restaurant is also very cute.
Our meal was good and the owner picked out a great wine for us.

3  Thank Limitlessroom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

thea is one of the best restaurant in Paros,I have been here many times,the view is super and food is perfect,specially Pita Kesarias and Giaourtlou,and what I should write just perfectttttttttttt

2  Thank dimsahi
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Have been there a few times over the last few years but never wrote a review. Well, about time to do so.
I think you get the feel of how good this place is by reading previous reviews. Great food with a great 'eastern' feel to it, fabulous wines, stuff as friendly as they come and great service overall. We went along with the waiter suggestions for our group of eight and she just nailed it on the head. My fillet steak was cooked to perfection and the pot of chick peas was just divine.
Easily on my top ten list.

2  Thank MarDaf