“Fun stop!”

Moore's Specialties
Minden, NV
“Fun stop!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Although we didn't stay at the B&B, we were on a local tour that stopped here for a "cookie break"! May had some hot coffee and a variety of freshly made cookies which we thoroughly enjoyed! My wife also bought a few gifts from her gift shop that were locally made. May was very friendly and we had a great view of the bay from the front of her shop. It was a thoroughly joyful stop and I would recommend it to passers by!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
gogirlnewbrunswick, Owner at Moore's Specialties, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review especially from someone who I didn't even know. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of this particular review and I hoep you stop by again sometime in your travels. Glad you enjoyed yourself and the cookies.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I had a great 4-day stay at the B&B. It was a perfect "home base" for me as I explored the area. The accommodations were lovely and the breakfasts were tasty and lasted me most of the day! Close to the St. John Airport, too. May was very helpful regarding the area. I loved learning about the history of the house, which has been in her family for many years.

Room Tip: There is one bedroom that looks out over the Bay of Fundy.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a sweet review. I hope our paths cross again in the future. Take care.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We loved the view, the hearty breakfasts and of course Mae's gallery of painting and crafts. You are close to St. Martin's, the Fundy Trail (definitely worth checking out) and also Saint John. The rooms were large and having a laundry facility was greatly appreciated. Mae also was very helpful in giving travel tips for the area. I would recommend this place to others!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review. I hope our paths cross again in the future. Take care and I really appreciate your thoughfulness.
Humboldt, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed at this b & b for one night and wish I could have stayed more! May is a fantastic host, she stayed later than she usually does because we got in late. She told us about the area and where we were gong next, was a wealth of information. The rooms were a decent size, clean, and comfortable. She had extra touches that many places do not, such as baked goods we could eat and we could use her laundry facilities. I would highly recommend :-)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Surrounded by the most wonderful New Brunswick scenery, a very friendly place! Innkeeper May Moore is a fabulous cook, breakfasts are made to order and delicious baked goods for snacks. Close to St Martins with seafood restaurants and the Fundy Trail. Nice place for extended stay, very homey and comfortable. View of the Split Rock from the yard with beautiful gardens and cool breezes. Extraordinary sunrise and sunset view. Very reasonable rates, very clean. this was a working trip as a landscape painter, couldn't ask for more beautiful plein air painting places.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
gogirlnewbrunswick, Owner at Moore's Specialties, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing this lovely review, I do so appreciate your comments and hope our paths cross again in the future.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

Great host
Great breakfast
Great views
Wonderfull bedroom and full-kitchen !!!

Great location..

And the price is fantastic.

I recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Ariel N
It was a pleasure having you visit with me and enjoyed our conversations over breakfast. Take care and do come again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardner Creek
Chateau Saint John
Chateau Saint John
#1 of 19 in Saint John
Quality Inn & Suites Amsterdam

Been to Moore's Specialties? Share your experiences!