“Great experience- great food, friendly staff”
Review of The Blue Boar

The Blue Boar
Ranked #1 of 1 Abridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Visited for lunch with friends. The welcome was friendly. The menu was varied and reasonably priced. Our order arrived in good time. My duo of lamb was great, a pot of lamb stew and slices of tasty lamb. The belly of pork was tasty, sausage trio was much enjoyed. Desserts were very tasty, and we had a great time discussing our choice with the waitress! Overall, a very enjoyable experience. Cost about £80 for four, drinks, mains and desserts.

Room Tip: Only visited for lunch
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank drpetembe

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Visited here recently without booking. Both the starters and main courses were really tasty and the portions were generous, no room for pudding! It is slightly on the pricey side but I felt the quality justified it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Awful
Dined here 9th April with my Husband.
Smoke salmon only enough for 2 mouthfuls, Main course of Belly of Pork very hard could only attempt the middle section, mashed potatoes lumpy and cold.
Did not bother with desert as this was enough to spoil our evening.
Complained the following day to a Manager who said she would get the General Manager to call me back. Still waiting.
Did not complain 0n the night as my husband does not like to make a fuss and prefers not to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoyChigwellEssex
blueboarabridge, General Manager at The Blue Boar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant may I firstly apologize for your experience and the lack of myself contacting you though this is the first I have heard of your experience. I would love to know more about your experience if you would be kind enough to contact me directly on 01992 812 110.

Thanks

Stephen Goodings

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Booked the Blue Boar for my sisters 70th birthday and we had a 1st class meal, excellent service and nobody could find a fault with anything, great value and is definitely on our list of top places to dine.

Room Tip: We only had dinner at the restaurant but if the accommodation is as good as the food then we would c...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank rita s
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Saturday night, went with friends , had a few drinks in the bar, has a nice vibe, not too busy.

Dinner was great , I had the special of mackerel pate followed by the sirloin steak both dishes presented well and tasted great, cooked to perfection.

Good selection of wines and very friendly service.
I've been a few times to the blue boar, this place always delivers, a great local eatery.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Took my wife to the Blue Boar for our Silver Anniversary,The Food was excellent , I would highly recommend dining there, A very comfortable experience. Definitely great value for money. The staff were very polite and courteous. It was recommended to me and feel it's only right I do the same. Will definitely be returning sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Had birthday lunch at bb and can't fault it. Staff polite and efficient. Food was really good and would highly recommend having any gatherings at he blue boar ... A very comfortable experience. Great value for money. Nice decor and overall good time was had by all. Staff made special effort to sing happy birthday.

Stayed: December 2013

Been to The Blue Boar? Share your experiences!