“Best coffee!”

Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Delicatessen, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Super little cafe perfectly located in the heritage village of Eyam in the Peak District. We bake gorgeous cakes and cook tasty savouries 7 days a week for you to enjoy, using fantastic local produce. Our coffee is Fairtrade, organic and rainforest certified but above all is expertly made and tastes great, and we do our bit to maintain the superb environment we are in by recycling and encouraging less packaging for our take-aways.So pop in before or after your walk, or if you're really organised phone ahead & order a posh picnic, crammed with goodies to enjoy on your walk. We'll happily fill your flask with our gorgeous soup on colder days.Free wi-fi is available, there are treats for your four-legged friends, so join us at VG for a warm welcome and a spot of heritage on the Eyam trail. Finalist in the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards Tea Room of the Year 2012, Cafe of the Year 2013. Awarded Peak District Environmental Quality Mark 2013 Free Wifi
Nottingham, UK
“Best coffee!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here after a long trek around the dales. I have to say the coffee (a strong latte for me and an americano for my husband) was delicious and a much needed boost to keep us going! Better than any chain of coffee shops. The food was also lovely (unfortunately my husband was served the wrong pie but it was so tasty he didn't mind!) Side salad was a lovely mix of fresh leaves and great with the addition of seeds.
We were lucky enough to visit on a beautiful day and sit outside to take in the beauty of this gorgeous and poignant Historical Derbys village.
(Definitely would have been 5 stars if they'd got the pie right!)

Visited June 2014
Sara P, Owner at Village Green, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Firstly apologies for the pie swap but thank you for being so understanding, and I'm glad you enjoyed the pie all the same. The Great North Pie Co are a super supplier to deal with who care about what they do and use fab ingredients.

Super comments about our fair-trade coffee too - lovely to hear and will pass on to the girls who are responsible for making it so well.

Hope you'll visit us again and we can provide another pick-me-up for your walks around Eyam!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely fresh food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We recently had a drive out to Eyam and decided to try this cafe. The food was delicious and freshly made, all were quality ingredients. The side salad was very nice. We sat inside, but there was also seats outside which I think are quite popular with cyclists. Next time we head out this way again, we will definitely go here again.

Visited May 2014
Sara P, Owner at Village Green, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thanks for lovely comments - Eyam village is well worth a drive out; the Hall, Museum and Church, as well as the walks around and about means there's something for everyone.

So glad you enjoyed our food too; the mixed salad is very popular (I think it's the toasted pumpkin seeds that do it!).

Hope to see you again soon.
“Lovely place, food and great service”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I visited the cafe with my daughter and grandaughter and found it a delight and will definately go again, Carolyn, Nicola and Faye x

• Visited June 2014
Sara P, Owner at Village Green, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's much appreciated - and most importantly I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit.
Very best wishes,
Sara
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Nothing special !!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Average all round, we would not visit there again, beautiful building and surroundings, but found food over priced and staff needing training.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank tracey s
Sara P, Owner at Village Green, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I'm very disappointed that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and therefore our own.
It would be very helpful if you could email us to give more detail about why you felt the staff needed more training in order that we can look into your comments in more detail.
Best wishes
Sara Price
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Heavenly cream tea!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Sara who runs the Village Green agreed for me to bring thirty-three 10/11 year old children and 8 adults for a cream tea, while we were on a residential in Derbyshire. Originally the plan was for us to sit outside, but the weather put paid to this! Sara and her two helpers cleared the window ledges and provided extra seats, so that we could all stay inside. They also kept the café open, especially for us. We were treated to the most incredible cream tea, with scones, jam, clotted cream; milk and squash for the children and hot drinks for the adults. Nothing was too much trouble and I cannot thank them enough for all that they did for us and the kindness that they showed. It was such an incredible experience and I only wish that the Village Green wasn't nearly 3 hours away from us!!

• Visited April 2014
Sara P, Owner at Village Green, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thanks for your super comments - all I can say is that we had a super time meeting you all - Fabius staff and children who left a lasting impression - in a very positive way.
All our good wishes to Orchard Meadow & we hope to see you again.