“Highly recommended”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Deli, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Super little cafe perfectly located in the heritage village of Eyam in the Peak District. We bake gorgeous cakes & savouries every day & have sourced the best local suppliers. Our coffee is from Darkwoods, a speciality roasted based in Yorkshire. Currently operating as takeaway only but our customers are welcome to make use of our lovely outdoor space in the heart of Eyam. Vegan, veggie & GF friendly!
Reviewed 2 September 2016

We called in here for lunch following a visit to the Eyam Museum, and I'm very glad we did. It's often hard to find places which cater for vegetarian, but this certainly did, with a good choice of home-cooked food, very good value. My coffee was excellent too! This place would be hard to beat. If we lived locally we'd be going there regularly!

1  Thank John B
Write a reviewReviews (301)

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

I stopped here for some dinner with my 2 boys (3 and 8). We had been to the hall and museum earlier and wandered to the end of the village. As soon as I walked in the staff member told us where the menus were and there was a basket of toys that the children could play with while I looked. Thumbs up already! I decided on cheese and ham toasties for the boys and I had the stilton, chutney and rocket sandwich. We started off sitting outside but the eldest is currently petrified of bees ( wasps are ok but bees are evil?!) So it being a lovely hot day the imminent happened and we moved inside. The staff member said they could play with the toys at the table which the boys obliged. The toasties came out on wooden platters with apple slices and cucumber sticks. My sandwich was accompanied with the most delicious homemade coleslaw, salad and crisps. The food was fresh, delicious and well presented. The cost was about £13 including a drink each. The decor is lovely and everywhere was clean. The place is also dog friendly too.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Victoria C
Reviewed 24 August 2016

His is a lovely cafe with excellent food and lovely staff and ambience.
They also do outside catering at reasonable costs and stunning food. So lovely to have a lovely cafe like this locally. Excellent coffee and lovely cakes and artisan bread.

1  Thank Jennie6613
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Fabulous place to stop whilst riding, stopped for coffee and cake during a cycle ride. Food and drinks came out to our table within minutes of ordering.
Will be calling in again!

1  Thank darren_hunt
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Had lunch here after a nice walk around the area. Food drinks and service all good. Very popular very busy today.