Dont Judge the Book by its cover - Very True for "Goa Villagio Inn". This popular proverb is very true in case of this place.
Being a sterling member we booked this place with lots of hope. But the instances will give you a true picture of what it is and how they treat their guests.
Some points to highlight:
1. Ambience: Fair
2. Front Desk Staff Behaviour: Poor. Specially the resort manager Ms. Irene. The entire staff was not able to speak in front of her like she is not running a hotel but a military hostel.
3. Check-in: Extremely Poor, they took 3 hours to allot a room inspite of having confirmed booking 3 months in advance. We reached there from Karwar at 8pm and informed the resort twice that we will be reaching by late evening. By 9pm we were given a room no 404 and in just 30 mins we got a call stating that eigher we change the room or ele we need to pay Rs 600/day extra. Later they reduced the same to Rs 250/day. We dont know when we hada booking 90 days in advance andwe were pre-booked then why 404 was allotted and they why we were threntended to pay extra. After getting exhausted for entire day in site seeing and driving once reaches the hotel to take rest and enjoy, instead we were not able to go to bed till 11pm.
4. Front Office/ Reception: The receiption is NON-AC and in summers when a guest travelling with 2 small kids is asked to sit for hours for alloting a room in heat, you can visulaize what it will be.
5. Billing: We booked a 3 beded room, but we were asked to pay for extra bed as the 3 beded room was not available in the category we had booked. What is the use of prior booking if they can't block the room for the booking they had already done in advance.
6. Room Linen: Not a tall clea, has lot of oil stains.
- No lifts in the resort. Difficult for family and elderly people.
- Swimming pool was under maintenance for the entire week and every day they use to say it will be fixed today. Why can't they have courage to say it will be out of order for the next 10 days or so.
- No first Aid box: We needed the first aid box as my younger kid had abrasions from the visit to the beach and there were no medical store nearby so we asked from the front desk but we couldn't get that as the staff was most unresponsive.
- We wanted coffee sachets in place of tea bags, but we were asked to pay extra @ 15rs per sachet as it was there policy to provide 2 tea bags and 2 coffee sachets. We simply asked to replace the tea bags with coffee as we dont drint tea but they simply refused and asked to pay for such exchange.
Finally its not a resort which they claim to be. Will never visit this prioperty again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sterling Holidays Villagio, a boutique resort, is located in the lovely backdrop of Betalbatim. The welcoming interiors bring out the holiday spirit in you. Come and discover Betalbatim, the little village in South Goa that exudes an aura of pride for being a serene locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Goa - Villagio, A Sterling Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villagio Hotel Betalbatim
- Goa - Villagio, A Sterling Holidays Resort Betalbatim