“Teaching and Location”
Review of Hooked Kitesurfing

Hooked Kitesurfing
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Duncannon
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to kitesurf or SUP on some of the best beaches in Wexford.Our Qualified IKO instructors will help you experience the thrill of flying a large controllable kite,Then learn to use it to propel yourself across the water..Then into the air if you choose, all equipment is supplied for your kitesurfing lessons including the latest 2012 kites, Wetsuits also included, We offer a range of kitesurfing lessons to suit your budget and ability.If you would like to take up kitesurfing, or are just looking for a great way to spend a day powerkiting, give us a call and have chat with our hooked kitesurfing team
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Niall is brilliant teacher, not just a great kiteboarder. I was up on the board, the second attempt on day 2. That was a couple of years ago and since then Niall has been giving free tips and advice ever since. I have kited all over Ireland and abroad, the spots that Niall teaches on are some of the best and safest around. Its the best time you'll have without getting naked.

1  Thank Mjfly
in 4 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were on holiday in Wexford and spotted the Hooked Kitesurfing shop by the beach at Duncannon, we had a chat with Nial about it and booked a 3 hour introductory course later in the week. It was raining heavily on the first date and Nial suggested we go the next day instead, all very relaxed and none of he 'macho' stuff you might expect, my wife and I had great fun firstly on land learning to fly the kites, then especially in the sea being dragged along - and out of the Water! It was very exhilarating and if, like us, you'd always fancied a go then I'd reccomend Hooked in Duncannon as an excellent place to try the sport. It's a new business and they were still finishing the shop when we were there so there are still things to improve on but Nial was very patient and helpfully and obviously full of enthusiasm for the sport, they provide all the equipment and wetsuits but there are no real changing facilities yet, just the back store room. As with any new business it will take them a little while to get everything perfect but it was still the best experience we had in Wexford .

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I took the chance to do a lesson in a small group with Niall while holidaying in Wexford and am really glad I did. The lesson was the right pace in combining the theory and land-based practice with plenty of time to have the challenge and fun on the water. We all made a lot of progress quickly with my biggest challenge being forgetting what I had learned to do with my arms when waterskiing. The location with a wide and shallow beach and sea area with good separation from the other beach users is perfect for learning kite surfing and the kit supplied (to my novice eye) was in good condition and made both the on land theory and on water excitement really exhilarating.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I was so nervous heading down for my lesson. I am not fit and I don't look like an extra from bay watch. But I do like experiencing new things. When I arrived Niall put me at ease. He showed me how to use the kite. Ok I dived it a few imes but Niall just encouraged me. Things were ok as it was on dry land. Then it was the bit I was dreading. Into the wet suit. But the lads I were with were such good fun I forgot to be self concious. Then the big kite came out. It was some work out I can tell you. Ohh but the exhileration when you were being pulled through the water.

I would advise anyone fit, young old, big small to give this a go. It is an experience you will never forget. You may even get hooked (pardon the pun).

2  Thank Scarletbee

Been to Hooked Kitesurfing? Share your experiences!