“Surprisingly Good Food”

Tafarn Ty Gwyn
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Tafarn Ty Gwyn has undergone a change of ownership and thankfully has a new lease of life. Our aim is to offer great tasting meals that offer great value for money.
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were looking for somewhere to take my father for Sunday lunch to celebrate my birthday. I came across the Ty Gwyn on an internet search and decided to give it a try. What a pleasant surprise. Situated in the small village with one of the longest names in Britain, Llanvairpwllgwyngyllgolgerichwyndrobyllantasyliogogogoch (Llanvair P G for short), it is the smaller of the two pubs. It has a warm pleasant atmosphere and advertises a Carvery on Sundays from £5.50 per person. We ordered the food and were shown to a table in the conservatory. The Carvery consisted of a choice of 4 meats:- Beef, Turkey, Gammon and Pork. You could choose one or a mixture of all if you wished. There was a choice of 3 types of potato and 5 types of vegetables, stuffing balls, yorkshire puddings and gravy. The only choice that was limited was the meat and even then (I chose beef and pork) I received 3 generous slices of each meat. My father only chose turkey and received 5 slices. The taste and standard of cooking and service, I can only describe as exellent. I can honestly say that the meal was one of the best Carvery's that I have had in a long time. My heartfelt thanks go to the staff of the Ty Gwyn for a lovely meal. If you are ever on holiday on Anglesey or just in the area and want a really good sunday roast then you can't go far wrong if you pop in and give them a try.

John Eaton

1  Thank John E

Reviewed 18 December 2013

having recently moved to north wales i used trip advisor to locate a carvery for sunday lunch. tried this place for the first time on sunday and was really pleased. great quality and value in pleasent surroundings.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

After pushing the boat out at Tre ysgawen Hall last night, we decided to try the local pub grub - this one had good reviews onTA so we gave it a try. We both had the mixed grill, which did the job - not the best ever, but for the money- £30.00 including 2 large glasses of Shiraz it was a good do.

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Often call in here for a good meal - its not overley elaborate food but just very good, traditional and consistent. Very pleasant pub with nice staff and sensible prices. Nice to sit in the conservatory for a Sunday dinner and a pint.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The food here was very nice freshly cooked, so nice and hot when you got it. It was like home cooking without doing the dishes. The staff were polite and cheerful. Also nice to have welsh speaking staff. The restaurant it self was very clean. Beer was great. Loved it there.