“Why no six stars? Brilliant!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballindalloch
Woodville B&B Ballindalloch
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Why no six stars? Brilliant!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Maureen & Robin looked after us as if we were royalty instead of a group of Speyside walkers. Nothing was too much trouble and the tiniest details were thought of. Their spotless and delightful house was perfect, even down to arranging for 4 red squirrels to entertain us over breakfast. Oh, and what a breakfast! Amongst the best ever in my long and extensive travels.

Room Tip: If you are on foot, Robin will transport you to and from restaurants etc
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent B&B, very nice hosts and... a very delicious breakfast - the best we had on our tour!
This B&B is located in a rural area, but the hosts have been so friendly to even take us to the next restaurant in their car. Very quiet, peaceful location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed here for one night (which happened to be Easter Saturday) while walking the Speyside Way in 2012. I've only just started writing trip advisor reviews and it is testimony to how highly I regarded this B&B that I am now reviewing it almost two years later (tripadvisor won't let me select so far back as my date of having travelled there!). A luxuriously comfortable room and wonderful corner bath (perfect after a long day of walking), very attentive hosts and a great breakfast - replete with an easter treat for both of us - made this a very memorable stay. There isn't a place to have an evening meal nearby, but the hosts dropped us off and picked us up at a time of our choosing at the nearest place to eat (which was fine), and we were very happy with this arrangement.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst walking the Speyside Way. Single occupancy of a double room ensuite made it quite luxurious for me - but Maureen & Robin really know how to look after their guests! I was collected from Aberlour for my first night & delivered back there the following morning for my next section (there was a charge for this but I expected this as it is some distance away). I was also picked up from Ballindalloch that day & again dropped back there to continue my route the day after. Breakfast was excellent - I have special dietary requirements & this was no problem at all. Usual arrangements for the evening meals were thrown into disarray by the sudden closure of a local hotel but my hosts rose to the challenge to make sure the guests didn't starve - I'm sure it caused them quite a headache though.

My room overlooked the garden where there are birdfeeders sited - a pair of woodpeckers were regulars & red squirrels chased each other up trees & along the fence - also there was an amazing red sunrise one morning - no extra charge!

All was perfect for me & I can thoroughly recommend Woodville to anyone who likes peace & quiet as well as wonderful service. Thank you Maureen & Robin for a most comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Nürnberg
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Sit in the guest romm and see outside on the field the animals, roe deer, suirrels and groose. You will feel very quiet and have a real holliday-feeling.
Breakfast and the served fish are great! The rooms clean and comfortable and bathromm with the great showers are wellcome after outdoor activity.
Its a little bit difficult to find and the way up ist on rainy days not so easy to walk.
Best of all is the kimndnes of Muareen and Robin.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here after a long days walking on the Speyside Way in July and it was great! Maureen picked us up - in two lots - from Ballindalloch Station, the rooms are so comfortable, showers are great, just what we needed. Reservations had been made at the Delnashaugh and Robin took us there and picked us up after dinner. Breakfast was great, including whisky in the porridge! Lovely setting, red squirrels in the garden and a good packed lunch to send us on our way.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hochstadt, Germany
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Beautiful home, very comfortable room, very friendly hosts (Maureen and Robin), fantastic view from the dining room. I had a wonderful and nice stay with an excellent breakfast. Further I have to mention the transport to and from Delnashaugh Hotel. And I have also to mention that Robin drove once more to my next B&B Hotel to bring some documents which I had forgotten at Woodville. Many thanks for that.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ulrich53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballindalloch
Dowans Hotel
#3 of 5 in Craigellachie
Norlaggan
Norlaggan
#6 of 7 in Aberlour

Been to Woodville B&B Ballindalloch? Share your experiences!