This was the last leg of our journey in Thailand and we were here for just a short 3 night stay but it was just what we needed after touring Bangkok and Chiang Mai a nice tropical resort rest! No more touring just rest and relaxation on the beach, in the water, by a pool or on a beach chair.
The Resort is located at the far south end of the Island of Koh Samui on Thong Tanote Beach.
I know the address is different, I don't know why perhaps it's a business mailing thing but It is on this beach. It's about 40 minutes drive from Samui airport and the farthest point from the airport on the island. I wanted it that way and it is secluded to the point that some people don't like it and need to rent motorcycles in order to go somewhere else on the island. That was not my intent.
I just wanted a nice quite, peaceful lay on the beach few days before the dreaded half way around the world flight home and that's just what I got. The room was clean, modern and well appointed with a balcony overlooking a long infinity pool right down the center of the property.
The spa, second pool, restaurant and bar were toward the beach portion of the villa resort with plenty of seating for all guests at any given time. The beach overlooks a nice shallow bay with 5 islands off in the distance to the south/west. The morning breakfast buffet was delicious as was the afternoon and evening meal menu with lots of catch of the day fish. I did have a nice 2km walk up the road coconut groves to the nearest convenience store where I purchased several bottles of beer and coolers for our room. We went to "Talay Nasai Garden Restaurant" for an incredible sunset meal and I highly recommend it to anyone staying close by in Koh Samui.
It's a very small place and requires reservations as it is very popular for both the food and incredible sun sets on this the west side of the island. We did not go anywhere else as I said at the start but there are plenty of activities to take part in on the island. It's also very deceiving when you drive down from the top of the island to the bottom you don't actually see any of the resorts or beaches as the road is away from them and lined with more garage style stores from top to bottom. I think the only way to get a view of the resorts and beaches would be to cruise the waters off-shore. This was a really pleasant rest at the end of our amazing trip.
The big surprise was the incredibly beautiful airport you find when leaving Koh Samui! I think it's the most beautiful I've seen in the world! The flower gardens and boutiques are gorgeous and they even have an Irish pub there too! It has to be seen to be appreciated!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quaint beach resort on the secluded beach of Thong Tanote, on the south-western tip of Koh Samui, Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui enjoys a quiet location, away from the hustle and bustle of Koh Samui. With island vistas, natural surroundings, a private beach dotted with coconut trees, a beautiful spa, a fitness centre, and two swimming pools, this intimately-sized resort is perfect for a no-thrill beach getaway. The resort also offers easy access to the islands of Koh Tan and Koh Mutsum for snorkelling, kayaking, and opportunities to discover the island such as trekking. With only 54 spacious rooms and villas ranging from 44 to 63 square metres of total living space, the resort offers privacy along good views over the pool or the beach. Guests can enjoy the option of staying in a room with direct pool access while each villa features an indoor Jacuzzi and a terrace. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the resort, and there’s also an all-day dining restaurant and a bar. A scheduled shuttle service connects Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui with Lamai Beach, a 30-minute drive away, and Chaweng Beach. Nathon Pier, with ferries to and from the mainland, is reached in about 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Villa Hotel Koh Samui
- Coconut Villa Resort And Spa
- Coconut Hotel Koh Samui
- Centra By Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Taling Ngam, Asia