What a fantastic hotel. Having stayed here for the last 7 days before moving on to Khao Lak, I can honestly say this hotel is a little slice of total relaxation. The hotel itself is small but has everything you would expect to relax your days away. 2 swimming pools, fitness centre, swim up rooms, seperate bungalows, a lovely restaurant and a small, well kept, beach.
In relation to the rooms, we stayed in a swim up room where you walk out on to your patio and can access the big pool from there. The rooms are well kept, spacious, have tv and dvd player, free wifi, seperate shower and bath, air con and a huge king bed. The staff do an excellent job at keeping rooms clean and providing fresh towels including beach towels. Water is provided free each day and the mini bar is relatively inexpensive for coke etc.
The restaurant is lovely. A mixture of Thai, European or Pizza etc. Being in Thailand, I resorted to Thai each day and cannot fault the taste or presentation of the food. All the restaurant staff were fantastic as were all of the reception staff too. Having gone half board with Thomson, you can pick any starter, main meal with rice / noodles etc and dessert for your evening meal. I highly recommend the Coconut Appetiser which has nothing to do with coconuts but gives you a taster of Thai.
The pool and pool area is spotless and very refreshing when looking to cool down from the sun. Loungers are provided at the pool and on the beach and staff will bring any orders out to you.
The only point to really consider regarding this resort is that it is in the middle of no-where. This is what we wanted as it truely does provide total relaxation. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus to 2 major towns but, other than this, there is not very much to do and I wouldn't recommend it if you have children. That said, if you are looking total relaxation in paradise then look no further - well worth the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centra Coconut Beach Resort Samui offers warmth, peace and relaxation. While on retreat you can discover and satisfy all your needs for a holiday. Nestled among beautifully sculptured gardens filled with swaying coconut trees and a soothing gentle breeze from the sea, we ensure our guests the most pristine and romantic atmosphere you will ever experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia and Fastbooking so you can book your Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Villa Hotel Koh Samui
- Coconut Villa Resort And Spa
- Coconut Hotel Koh Samui
- Centra By Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Taling Ngam, Asia