Just returned from a fantastic week at the Centra Coconut Beach. Booked one of the Deluxe Villa's and was not disappointed. It was large, airy and the air con kept it at a very comfortable temperature. The Jacuzzi bath was great, and the separate shower perfect for a post pool cool off.
Before leaving the UK, I emailed the hotel requesting a possible upgrade to the beach front villa (only 1 of) as we were celebrating a wedding anniversary, the response came within a few hours, and although the villa was unavailable, the hotel had laid a beautiful floral arrangement across the bed for our arrival, we thought this to be a special touch.
The breakfast choice each day was good, and open for 4 hours so fit in nicely with the lazy lie ins, and also those couple of early starts on excursion days. The restaurant menu was fairly limited, but everything that we had from it was tasty., food and drinks prices were not particularly cheap, but not extortionate.
All of the staff were polite and friendly and made a real effort to talk, their english was much better than out Thai!. The room was kept clean and tidy, with bottled water supplied each day.
Now this is not a hotel for those wanting some excitement. It is a 30 minute drive to the nearest resort (Lamai Beach) and there is no hotel entertainment or nearby shops. However, this was exactly what we were after, and were not disappointed. It is peaceful, and fairly isolated, and at this time of year (May) not many people staying there.
This is not an ultra modern, sparkly, entertainment hub. It is a hotel that although in some areas may need just a little TLC, ultimately feels quite homely, the slow pace and quiet surroundings just add to that relaxing atmosphere. We have already started making plans to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quaint beach resort on the secluded beach of Thong Tanote, on the south-western tip of Koh Samui, Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui enjoys a quiet location, away from the hustle and bustle of Koh Samui. With island vistas, natural surroundings, a private beach dotted with coconut trees, a beautiful spa, a fitness centre, and two swimming pools, this intimately-sized resort is perfect for a no-thrill beach getaway. The resort also offers easy access to the islands of Koh Tan and Koh Mutsum for snorkelling, kayaking, and opportunities to discover the island such as trekking. With only 54 spacious rooms and villas ranging from 44 to 63 square metres of total living space, the resort offers privacy along good views over the pool or the beach. Guests can enjoy the option of staying in a room with direct pool access while each villa features an indoor Jacuzzi and a terrace. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the resort, and there’s also an all-day dining restaurant and a bar. A scheduled shuttle service connects Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui with Lamai Beach, a 30-minute drive away, and Chaweng Beach. Nathon Pier, with ferries to and from the mainland, is reached in about 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Villa Hotel Koh Samui
- Coconut Villa Resort And Spa
- Coconut Hotel Koh Samui
- Centra By Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Taling Ngam, Asia