“Outstanding place”

Sunset Coast Samui Resort & Villas
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Taling Ngam
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Koh Samui is a lovely Island. Elements is about 45 minutes in car from the airport - They do offer a pickup facility for about 20quid.
The decor is perfect and staff are lovely...But then again Thai people always are.
It is situated o its own little beach and whilst the sand is powder white, the sea itself appears very dirty, although I am told this is down to the Silt. Either way, its not a dealbreaker.
The food is outstanding, although is very expensive for Thailand. There are other eateries nearby.
The only negative is the manager Steve. He's a pleasant enough fella, but prone to telling daft lies, which other guests talked to us about. But again, nothing too serious!
Would recommend going. STunning vacation!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tamsarian
siddall67, Owner at Sunset Coast Samui Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Hello

Thank you for your very kind review and wonderful comments. I am sorry you found the food a little expensive, I have compared it with the local area and other hotels and found we are most competitive, though some places dont have to pay taxes and have a little advantage over us.

You are correct when the tide is going out the channel going through the nature reserve to the left of us does sometimes carry a little silt from the mangrove. Though as i tell all guests its not a river but a channel cut through the island to the sea on the other side of the cove which was cut to ensure the mangrove has fresh seawater at all times.

its hard for me to respond about comments made about me. It is possible to have this comment removed as it refers to me by name and is heresay but i wont do that. Instead I will disagree and simply state I am sometimes daft (as this island makes us sometimes) though i dont make a habit of lying ,accept occasionally about my weight :). I will accept that maybe there was a "daft" misunderstanding somehow any way i am sorry i gave the wrong impression and glad it didnt affect your holiday.

Again it was very nice of you to write your review I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your time on Samui.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the first week of our honeymoon. We loved our stay! At first I thought we had made a mistake by staying so far away from the main hub of the island but very quickly realised we made the right decision. The resort rents out scooters and we used one everyday. It was very easy to ride around the island, the roads not too busy and clearly signed. We stayed in a garden suite with a private pool and it was perfect. I loved the selection of books in the room! The beach tote bag was a lovely touch and was very handy. The private freshwater pool was wonderful. The room overall was very comfortable and very spacious.

The restaurant Fai was lovely, however listening to the same 8 songs on repeat for 6 days was a bit frustrating! Service was great, the staff are so friendly and helpful. The breakfast choices were excellent and you will never leave hungry. The Bamboo Hut next door was cheap but delicious. The resort pool was lovely and the bar has a fantastic selection of both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. It was also nice not to have any children around.

I had a massage at the spa and it was a wonderful experience. Would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a quiet and private place to stay on Samui.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LushieT

Hello

Thank you for your lovely review, were glad we helped get your honeymoon off to a great start. Your comments on the music are apreciated and wll noted and I have spoken to the manager about paying more attention to what is playing. There is a selection of 3000 songs but it apears there are favourites.

Thank you for staying with us for your special holiday and again thank you for your review

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I were fortunate enough to get married at the resort in early march this year with 7 of our close family and friends.
It was truly an amazing experience and we will never forget the 9 days we spent at the resort.
All the staff were excellent and a credit to the resort. Our wedding on the beach and food afterwards was everything we had asked for and more and I would have no hesitation in recommending the elements if your considering getting married in koh samui.
Hopefully we will back again sometime soon.
Thanks again to all the staff at the elements!!!!
Scott and Kimberley

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank beechboy_2000

Hello

Firstly thank you for joining us for your wedding, and of course for writing sic a nice review about our team and resort. We are very happy you had a great time here and enjoyed very much spending your special day with you both.

Again thank you for sharing your day with us

Warm regards from all of us here

Ste[hen and the team.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed there along with 40 of our close friends for our wedding. The resort and staff were amazing and beyond helpful. Arranged dinners and transportation from us. Went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and were comfortable. Highly recommend would definitely go back! Beautiful resort and hidden from the hustle and bustle.

1  Thank Brie M
siddall67, Owner at Sunset Coast Samui Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hello

Thank you for sharing your special day with us it is always a pleasure to be involved in events such as this. I am glad everyone enjoyed their time with us. And of course thank you for giving the resort this very pleasant review.

best wishes for the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I feel bad giving it a 4, wish I could give it a 4.5 as there are not many faults to this place at all and in fact, it was one of my favourites during a 2-month stay in SEA. Ok, let me start by saying the service here is beyond fantastic, even exceeding usual Thailand standards. It didn't start off great as our airport pick up was a no-show, but the owner Stephen met us on arrival and covered the taxi ride from the airport. That experience was a one-time blip as the rest of the week the staff was flawless. Elements is on the quiet side of Samui which was great for us because we wanted a quiet relaxing week. If you want to party, go elsewhere. If you want to be pampered and enjoy great service and facilities, go to Elements. The staff here is exceptional. Pon made our stay such a joy, checking up on us and offering us great advice when required. We had an issue with noisy neighbours (noisy children mostly) so they offered to move us to a better room without us even asking! The new room was superb. Absolutely no complaints about the room. The bed was comfortable, big and bright room, we slept wonderfully once the issue of screaming children beside us was resolved. We enjoyed the restaurants both Bamboo and Fai had great food and drink, we didn't leave the resort for food as some reviewers did as we didn't feel the need to. Plus considering how happy we were with service, we didn't feel bad about paying a little 'extra' at Fai. Breakfast was sublime everyday, so many options and all-you-can-eat as in they would keep coming back and asking if you wanted more until you were full. We enjoyed the spa numerous times and that was also exceptional. The staff there was on par with the rest of the resort.

Ok the only thing that's keeping me from giving it a 5 are really beyond the control of the staff. The beach area is good for lying in the sun and sand, but the water wasn't ideal. Since it's a bay it's murky. Warm enough, and shallow for kids but it wasn't the clear blue water you'd associate with Thailand. As a result, we spent our days by the pool which was perfect. We did take a day trip to nearby islands to do snorkelling and beaching. My second complaint was the number of children at the resort which I wasn't expecting. As mentioned, we were looking for a quiet week getaway of reading, sun bathing, spa treatments, and quiet time which it would have been. Since the resort is so quiet normally when children make noise (screaming, playing, wailing, crying, splashing around in the pool, etc.) it really carries around the grounds. Even the owner Stephen mentioned that there usually isn't that many kids but for some reason the week we were there was full of kids. Imagine having a wonderful relaxing massage and in the room beside you are 3 kids running around screaming… it kinda ruins the mood. That was just our experience that week and I don't blame the resort for this, just a bit of bad luck with that week I think. I understand the staff can't really tell the kids to be quiet since they are paying customers but I would suggest at least making the spa a kids-free zone.

I can't say enough how wonderful the staff are here. Every other detail was great (rooms, grounds, staff, food) and had it not been for the frustration of hearing children screaming and splashing around the pool when I was trying to read I would have given it a 5. If I'm back in Samui I wouldn't even look elsewhere and book Elements right away. Keep in mind our goal for the week was to be pampered, secluded, and have lots of quiet time to read and relax.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind review and for taking the time to write it.

There is little i can comment on except to say thank you.

Regarding children. Our main customers are honeymooners, older couples wanting a getaway/hide-away and couples with toddlers.Oh and of course the Beach front villas regularly get families with teens but they usually stay in the villas as they have their own pools. it is highly unusual to have so many teens so full of energy in the resort area itself.And these were very lively. They were nice kids though we have since that week made a policy to try and keep around the spa a quiet zone.

I hope we see you again in the future

Again thank you

best regards

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We have just got back from staying at Elements for 6 nights in March 2014 and we enjoyed every minute of it. We stayed in the two bed beach villa with pool etc and it was amazing I cant fault this accommodation at all.

All the staff where excellent and answered even our smallest query with a smile. The location of Elements is remote but this is exactly the reason why we stopped here, if you do want to travel around there are mopeds available at the resort which are great fun to use.

There are local restaurants which are fantastic value for money and serve great food, Elements will take you to these restaurants for a very small fee and collect you when you finished, one idea i thought was great is that Elements actually give you a mobile phone that you can use to call them when you are ready to be picked up.

The onsite site restaurants are great and Bamboo is great for just chilling and watching the sunset with a drink.

My wife used the Spa and was very pleased with the massage she got and would have had another if we had time. There is also a gym that can be used at any time and its very well equipped.

I don't understand the people who are giving negative reviews about Elements all I can say are "what planet are you people from, did you review the correct place ?"

I would definitely stop at Elements again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
siddall67, Owner at Sunset Coast Samui Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Hello

Thank you for your review and for your wonderful comments. I understand that some persons do not like our resort and its usually for one of two reasons.

1 We are a self confessed hide-away, we call ourselves this as we are in a little village on the south of the island. in the middle of a coconut plantation set in a bay between to jungle covered small mountains. Some people just feel too isolated. Though in truth within 500 metres theres three restaurants and a rather cool belgian bar. We have found that guests from high density populations love this.
The second is the beach and the bay itself. Our beach is natural, theres fishermen off to the right and left of the resort, though they give plenty of space. The tide in summer is very very low and the right side of the bay has no sea(hence mixed reviews)though the left side of the bay is actually several metres deep all year round. 7 months of the year we have very high tides day and night, but for 3 months tide is out during the day and you can see lades picking shellfish and at night fisherment going out with lights spearing squid. Often we have sea eagles(like bald eagle) swooping down and grabbing fish, the noise you hear is the wind. Very very different from areas such as Chaweng etc. SOme people just dont like it.

And i guess on occasion we have not been as sharp in our service as we should have been this is something the new manager Daniel and his management team have been addressing and we strive to keep improving.

Again thank you for your review and for taking the time to write it

Best regards

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed at Elements for 4 days in March 2014 in a 'deluxe apartment'. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The resort is located in a picturesque secluded part of Ko Samui, far away from the more chaotic towns. However, we found the local villages very accessible by bicycle (provided free by the resort) and by motorbike (also available at the resort).

We especially liked the pool; the decor; and the attention to detail. The breakfast (included in our rate) was excellent. We loved the staff who were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was very big with a balcony looking out to sea. Very comfortable!

An excellent all round stay. We thoroughly recommend Elements if you are looking for a relaxed, tranquil resort on Ko Samui.

1  Thank JarynB

Hello
Thank you very much for taking the time to write these kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you agin in the future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taling Ngam
#7 of 30 in Mae Nam
Royal Beach Boutique Resort & Spa
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort
The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam

Been to Sunset Coast Samui Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!