first let me say that if you want one of the most breath taking views to chow down with your breakfast then this is the place for you.
But if you want things like, a decent shower, the food you ordered, leaving the hotel when YOU want, security in your room then you may want to reconsider.
So the view: 99 out of 10, thats how good it is.
One of the first things we noticed upon checking into our room was the shower, whilst the design is striking, upon closer inspection what the so called "shower head" is, is a peice of copper tubing which has been flattened at one end and stuck through the mouth of a concrete dragon face on the wall, held in with liquid nails.the water squirts out with such velocity that if you're not standing in the stream you will end up wetting the far wall of the bathroom because theres no shower screen of any description, so it hits the floor and goes everywhere, and of course thats exactly where they put the towel rack... so you get wet towels too.
We went in what i believe to be the low season, may, there was only 2 people manning the resort, Ricky and Kay. Kay - i cant sing enough praise, he was bloody fantastic. Ricky on the other hand, whilst a nice guy, was a constant headache for us. 2 of the 4 nights we were there he brought the wrong food to my wife, he was late picking us up multiple times and on the day we checked out he was supposed to be there to pick us up at 7:40 am, at 7:50 when Kay showed up to save the day, i finally got a call from Ricky asking what i wanted (i'd been ringing him) to discover he was still asleep.
He'd also offered to take us into town, only to drive us to the end of the gate and drop us at a taxi point. We weren't exactly impressed.
Room security, i noticed not only on ours but a few of the rooms the window locks for the bathroom windows are either broken or jammed, there's essentially no point locking your room.
The restaurant has an amazing view, but the lack of housekeeping is annoying, we would have breakfast most mornings to discover tables had not been cleaned or reset from the previous night, or vise versa for dinner, cutlery glasses etc were never reset on the tables, nor wiped down. also they offer a menu with about 25+ main dishes, but we were informed that over half of them were not available, i dont know why, they just wernt. Also for all the fresh seafood around, i tried 2 seafood dishes, both used frozen and cheap seafood ingredients, for what they were charging, it wasnt great.
What i can say was fantastic was Kay and his dog Deer. Kay went above and beyond for us, tried to give us information, showed us things, told us things and generally covered for Rickys lack of customer service, Kay is a bit of an allrounder going from driving us around, to bell boy to being the chef, i dont blame him for the food, he's only doing what he can with what he has.
Oh, the beds are like concrete. didnt sleep at al.
Summery, i'd go back for the view, but not much else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Asia spirit Lodge rises out of the top of the mountains near Baan Talingngam at the South-West of the island. At 200 meters of altitude it is now the very top hotel on koh samui. From the hill side you have a sweeping sea view from the national marine park, koh tan, koh matsum, koh som, and the five- island to the mainland.It is a breathtaking view of the gulf archipelago surely the best of the island. The location of The Spirit Lodge has been carefully chosen for its magical access to sea breezes, fresh air, organic garden space, and a sense of well being with the earth. Lift your body, mind and spirit to a higher level of awareness and experience at the new Asia Spirit Lodge & Spa. High on the mountainside of Koh Samui, overlooking the southern expanse of sea and islands, you will relax in your bungalow under a thatch roof complete with state-of –the-art high tech and luxurious amenities in a completely natural, ecological environment.Drawing inspiration from Thailand, Morocco and Bali, Asia Spirit Lodge offers sanctuary within an eclectic blend of color, texture, ancient healing wisdom, and ecological environment providing a tantalizing blend of sources for wellness and pleasure. Both communal and private space is there among the tropical gardens and walking paths and of course the seaside below for activities of your choice. Are you ready for this experience? The most adequate criterion to define our offer is small distinctive boutique hotel. Our customers seek calm, natural surroundings, serenity and wellness. Our products are summarized as:- A meticulous choice of location offers extreme privacy, view and serenity;- Structures small to medium size evoke a high level of wellbeing;- Sumptuous decor and facility inspired by and always respecting the surrounding environment and local culture. Asia Spirit Lodge is located at peak on the island of Koh Samui. The access road to the lodge across the jungle is a dust road and very steep. It is not difficult but an off-road vehicle 4wd is required. Of course, we have shuttle transportation to the valley ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Asia Spirit Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asia Spirit Hotel Taling Ngam
- Asia Spirit Lodge And Spa
- Asia Spirit Lodge & Spa Ko Samui/Taling Ngam