“Great for me, not so great for learners”
Review of TK Tour

TK Tour
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Internet booking was made easily, discount honoured. Picked up from hotel which made it easy.
I am an experienced diver so am familiar with snorkelling, the boat driver is purely that, he will not give you snorkelling instructions. I had to help a couple of people out to tell them how to use their mask and snorkel. The hour on the beach in the middle was a little boring for me. The snorkelling itself was good, good range of fish, coral. Got to see lots of stingrays. Lunch was great. Overall thought good value.

Note: Just don't expect a private tour and to be the only boat on the reef.

There are newer reviews for TK Tour

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hi I wanted to write a review for T.K. Tours who are at the south of Koh Samui island and Tour Koh Tan for full day trips/half day etc.

Myself and my parents just wanted half a day tour of some islands, not a whole day and nothing huge so we decided to go with T.K. tours based on our research on the internet. They picked us up from our hotel and picked some other people up too. This took time but the bus driver was lovely and we were ok with it. We arrived and then they took about 8 of us on a long tail boat (which was fantastic) and we went snorkling. At first we wern't sure about but even my mum who is 60 loved it. Swimming with the fishes, seeing the coral and feeding them was fantastic. We then went to Koh Tan and stayed there for an hour which was great because of the time of day it wasn't too hot and we didn't need shade (this is from my elder parents too). They provided us with fruit and soft drinks which was great. We then far out int he opposite direction for a tour of some islands and to watch the sun set. The best thing of the holiday was watching that sun! Great scenery. We then went back which took a while but had a small meal with a couple of dishes.
The trip was exactly what we wanted and for 1400 per person we thought that was reasonable

1  Thank Clara B
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is a basic 4 hours experience. You are peaked up from hotel by a small truck (the red ones that are all over the place) , sitting at the back , so it's not recommended if you are far from their location . A drive from the south part of the island is about an hour.
The tour is on a small "fishing" boat . After 15 min we stop and get an hour for snorkeling. Very nice fish , and coral. Than ride to the nearby Island for 30 min on the beach. Then ride to see some rocks that are called the five Islands. It was quite nice as we saw the sunset (we tour afternoon tour). When we got back we got a nice dinner .

Reviewed 21 March 2014

nice trip as the sea was calm we saw the pink dolphins, but you can hire a long tail boat at a much cheaper rate, about 1000 bahts for the boat not per person for a 2 hours trip (thereabout)

2  Thank joelle c
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Booked a last minute trip with TK Tour on Saturday and received a prompt reply the next day. It was a gamble for my husband and I because November is the monsoon season and it has been raining for the past few days. There were only 3 of us for the snorkeling trip and so it felt like a private tour. The boatman was very attentive to us, slowing down the ride whenever he noticed that I was taking pictures. The visit around the 5 islands was quite interesting. Best part of the trip was the snorkeling at Koh Taen. We were given bread to feed the fish and the equipment was quite clean. It was a beautiful sight to see so many striped fishes, given that it is my first snorkeling experience. We were brought to another beach where it was pristine and a very good place for swimming. Fresh fruits and water was served during the trip. Lunch was good and the fried barracuda was delectable!

However, due to the language barrier, the boatman could not explain exactly where we were nor how to use the snorkeling equipment. Trip is worth the money but you will need to manage your expectation :)

1  Thank Sherevol