“Top Cats 'Top' Fishing in Koh Samui”

TopCats Fresh Water Fishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: TopCats is a 6 acre fishing lake with accommodation in lakeside bungalows, also house boats. Fishing strictly catch and release after a trophy photo. We have 30 species from 5KG - 150KG for you to target. All tackle provided and help from a fishing guide. Day tickets from 8.00 - 2.00 or 2.00 - 8.00 please call or email for booking as limited numbers fishing. We have swimming pool and large bar/restaurant for all your needs.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was the second fishing venue we visited and as I mentioned in my review for Hua Hin fishing lodge the husband is the angler so please read below for an anglers insight however i need to mention I caught a huge carp!!!

This fishery is an English equivalent to a large commercial type fishery 'L' shaped with room for about 20 anglers.

We fished on the 6 hour package approx. £75 each with food/drinks & boilies (for the carp) extra on two days during our weeks stay in Koh Samui.

Large fish where caught the highlights included an 80lb Mekong Catfish and an 80lb Siamese Carp caught by the wife (. . . well done) others caught included four 60lb Mekong Catfish all arm wrenching fish and number of other Siamese Carp of various sizes. No Arapaima where caught, we hooked and lost a couple . . . maybe next time.

The fish where very well looked after and never taken out of the water, disinfected where the hook was and quickly photographed and safely released.

The guides where excellent and a little tip listen to what they say you will catch more fish. Food was good and drinks readily available.

3  Thank JanetteD
"see you soon"
"bacon sandwich"
"pineapple"

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Spent a week in Koh Samui with my fiancee in early June and came across "Top Cats" while searching for things to do on the island.

The pics on the website (and reviews on Trip Advisor) looked awesome so I booked myself on a half day fishing excursion (8am - 2pm) and had an absolute blast!

We were staying at the nearby InterContinental (who didn't even mention the place to us!) and the owner was kind enough to pick us up and drop us off for a small charge (the costs of taxis in Koh Samui are extortionate so this gesture was greatly appreciated).

My fiancee relaxed in the sun while I fished and that was completely fine. The amenities and food were great (keep in mind this is a "upscale" fishing camp, not a 5 star luxury resort), the beer was ice cold (it was 35 degrees out), and overall I thought the pricing was very fair.

Ended up catching some big Red Tailed Catfish, Mekong Catfish and Carp. Had lots of laughs, some great pictures and a nice little sun tan. Arms and back were pretty sore by the end of the day - the fish are big!!!

Definitely worth a visit if you're in Koh Samui!

3  Thank maple_leaf_expats
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This was our 2nd visit here as we had been the year earlier.This time we fished in the afternoon/evening and we caught 5 different types of fish. The biggest was an American Red Tail Catfish 95 lb. The guide was fantastic and all staff were very pleasant. Food was great and the drinks cold. Well worth the money if you enjoy fishing.It a great feeling to be able to get in the water to handle the fish and get the photo's taken.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I had an amazing two days of fishing with my partner. First day we only caught 4 fish in 8 hrs. That was a bit disappointing but still had a good time. So we decide to come back few days later and thx god we did !!

Our second day of fishing was amazing we caught 12 fish between us, it was great fun!!

The ALL the guides were great but Chad particularly.
Good facilities for those who don’t like fishing & excellent food .

Love to go back on my next visit.

BAD POINTS :

I understand,the guide really know what they are doing UNFORTUNATELY I felt like I couldn’t really do anything other than wait for them to give me the rod once a fish was on ..which was disappointing and frustrating at first. But after a very short chat with the boss( a man of very few word!) I was told that “the staff is there to do as much as you want them to !!

So don’t be afraid to take over and tell them what to do .. cos you know how to fish (right ?) & you’re the one footing the bill too ..lol

1  Thank 19,641,973
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Amazing day out, lake looks a tad uninviting to start with but don't be perturbed , monsters lie beneath!
First time caught 7 fish mainly Mekong Catfish to about 50lbs with an Asian carp too.
Second time caught 12 fish up to 90lb Asian carp, alligator fish to 60lbs , Mekong catfish as well as Asian red tail catfish. All the fish fight like mad particularly the Mekong .
Guides were fantastic especially Chad who looked after us like me mum! Changing rigs baiting up even casting. They really care for the fish at this place putting them in holding tanks after they have been caught.
Owner Shaun is a quiet man, don't expect no singing and dancing welcome but that's left up to the fishing !!!
Drink n food on tap, sensibly priced and regularly topped up by one of the guides wives.
Swimming pool n shower to dip in if u get hot!
Excellent set up, top marks and will spoil your fishing anywhere else after this experience!

2  Thank Pritcd