“A memorable meal”
Review of La Cuisine - CLOSED

La Cuisine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Close to the Intercontinental Hotel inBaan Taling Ngam La Cuisine propose only French gastronomy, in a lovely typical Thai village *Foie gras mi-cuit Snail fricassee * Sweetbread with morels * Angus Beef fillet cep mushroom sauce * Veal kidneys old style mustard sauce * Monk fish Champagne and truffles beurre blanc * Scallops in " mille feuille * Home made ice cream and fresh pastries * On request, Fresh local lobsters * Large choice of french wines * Our restaurant do not accept a lot of people so for a romantic and quiet dinner in one of the last authentic Thai village, we preconise to book your table * La Cuisine is 15 metter of the beach in Baan Taling Ngam Village, through the elephant gate next to the temple. Apology no credit card
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A memorable meal”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

What a great start to dining in 2013! we were greeted with a very warm welcome from owner and chef Jerome. We left the menu selection up to him and what great meal. Fresh foie gras , followed by excellent scallops. Accompanied with a 2008 Grand Cru.
This is exactly what we love about travel dining. A genuine chef, passionate about looking after his customers. A unique, characterful setting. A story.

At the end of the meal Jerome said that he could try to arrange fresh lobster for later in the week. We cannot wait to return.

La Cuisine only takes cash.

• Visited January 2013
jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear Matthew,

Thank you very much for your very kind review and appreciate the restaurant , it was a pleasure to have you for dinner and some days after for a Lobsters lunch.

I hpoe to see you soon back in Samui and at La Cuisine where a very special welcome wait for you.

All the best for you, your lovely wife and your family in 2013

Jerome

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Restaurant Gastronomique”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We found Jerome and Florence while searching for a deserted beach. Tucked away in a tiny village between the sea and a temple they serve beautiful French food with the best ingredients they can source. A generous serving of fois gras followed by veal sweetbreads finished with an incredible sorbet unlike any other I have had. I think my wife had the scallops but I was rather focused on my plate to ask. If you don't fancy dinner, stop for a pastis and have a look around Florence's boutique opposite.

• Visited December 2012
jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Thank you very much for your review , it is very pleasant to have the support of the guests of your restaurant.
And a very big reward for giving the best quality, and an astmophere a little bit " unique "

We hope to see you soon in Baan Taling Ngam.

Wishes to you and your lovely wife the best for 2013
Perth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quite Amazing - Bon appétit”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have been reading Trip Advisor reviews for years but never felt compelled to write a review myself until now. La Cuisine was an experience no one should miss when visiting the West coast of Koh Samui hence I would like to share my experience with you.

This small restaurant is located just a short stroll south from the InterContinental Resort in Taling Ngam, if you have any trouble finding its location simply email the restaurant and Jerome the owner/Chef can provide excellent directions which is what he did for us, it was worth the hunt.

We were informed that all of the ingredients are sourced locally and personally and this was evident in the flavours. My husband and I had a two course meal with a bottle of wine, the pricing was spot on for the culinary experience. The Foie Gras entrée was so good we went back to La Cuisine a few nights later to have this again and some of their other dishes, they too did not disappoint. I can also highly recommend the Roast Beef with Mushroom sauce.

If you are lucky enough you may get to try their amazing homemade sorbet, the flavour of the sorbet is a restaurant secret. You will just have to go there to guess what it is...

• Visited January 2013
jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this review, 12 January 2013
Dear Susan,

Thank you very much for your very kind review and had choose La Cuisine 2 times for dinner.

Hope to see you soon in our small paradise, the sorbet wait for you.

All the bests for 2013
“Fantastic hidden gem! A perfect experience.”
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant great food great everything. Excellent change from the normal hustle n bustle of Koh Samui. The French owners are super nice and will continue to surprise you throughout the meal. Best meal my wife an I had on the island. We went back for a second time! Great wine selection. Highly recommend a visit!

jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Thank you very much for this lovely review, and also for trying dishes you did not know and hopefully like them.

The reviews of my guests are my arwards and you give me a spendid one.

Bonne annee 2013
Koh Samui
“Formidable!”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

One of the most memorable meals on Samui, exceptional food and charming atmosphere. A bit of a drive down if you’re coming from Chaweng or Bophut, but well worth it. Taling Ngam is beautiful with a sleepy village feel. Highly recommend the foie gras; you’ll understand why it is the emblem of the French culinary heritage. Jerome and Florence make you feel right at home. Simply gorgeous!

• Visited December 2012
jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you very much for your very kind review, and have appreciate your dinner at La Cuisine.

We hope to see you back soon.

All the best.