This is my family's favorite hotel in the WORLD.
We are from China and I booked this hotel a year ago before the trip to Samui. The trip is so important because it is a family reunion. I invited my parents and my sister's family to this reunion event at my cost, so I carefully chose the hotel and room type to ensure everyone would be happy. We made this trip in the National holiday of China which is the beginning of Oct 2012. We have total 6 adults and 2 children and stayed in the resort for 7 nights.
The three bedroom villa on the hill is amazing. I never thought it would be so nice when I made the reservation one year ago. Our group has three families thus the 3 bedroom villa is the best choice. And because I made the reservation so early I enjoyed a special opening preferential price which was so low that I cannot believe when I stepped into the villa. We were so proud when we were told by our private bulter Mr. Nicky we are the first guest staying in the 3 bedroom villa because it was just completed its rennovation in summer of 2012.
The space of our 3 bedroom villa is huge. We have a private swimming pool (15 to 20 meter long and about 8 meter wide), kids were so happy that they can swim anytime they wish, they looked energtic. The villa has two floors. Two bedrooms are located in 1st floor while one bedroom, dinning room, kitchen and a large balcony is located in 2nd floor. Again, the room space in the villa is HUGE. The bathroom is big, nice bath cream is offered generously, the brand is called HARN which is the most famous Thai local SPA brand and you can buy it from Samui airport if you want, quite expensive. The bed and pillar is comfortable. Overall, the room and private space of this villa is so great, thus the whole family was somehow reluctant to step out of it to enjoy beach and other 1 day activities.
Because of platinum ambassador of priorityclub, the whole family enjoyed a club benefit during the stay which includes all days non-alcohol drinks (we enjoyed the fresh fruit juices and fresh coconuts all days everywhere including in room service), free afternoon tea (either set up in lobby bar or in beach bar or in room service), happy hour of un-limited cocktail is air bar, 60 minutes SPA of 2, free round trip transportation to airport. The benefit is great. As a platinum ambassador, I am qualified a free room upgrade. But due to the 3 bedroom I booked is already the highest room type the resort has, thus they generously offer the club benefit for all family member, which made the stay much joyful and cost effective.
The resort is build on the hill. Our villa is on the top of the hill, which makes the view is fantastic. We can overlook the Andaman Sea and view the great sunset of Andaman Sea. The beach and the main public swimming pool is great. The pathway from the beach to lobby and to each building is also a wonderful design, I still remeber the suspension bridge.
The food and the drink offered by the resort is great. If can add more choice for breakfast, that would be even better. Here you can get the best fresh coconut in the world. Must try.
The last but not the least, I want to say thank you to our bulter Mr. Nakaret Butthuam on behalf of the whole family, it is YOU make our stay different. You are the best bulter we have ever had. Kids are missing you very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui, Asia