This is our second time back to this hotel now renovated and under new management. We arrived late and were led to a spacious and very comfortable room by the head concierge who ensured everything was OK with before leaving. The hotel has gone under renovation quite a bit - the open air dining area on the reception floor is replaced by a much better restaurant one floor below and the beach side facilities are more built-up. The infinity pool is as attractive as ever. Once you are in this hotel, you've to rely pretty much on its dining facilities since it's quite far from town to the north. But you'd enjoy the dining venues there, especially the dinner buffet at the Flames. The head chef there is very friendly and would introduce the best dish of the night for you to enjoy. You can use the free hotel bike to go around the place a bit and attend one of the sailing session (if you don't know how to sail) and let the experienced staff take you out to the islands and back with him doing all the hardwork and you enjoying the blue sea. The staff memebers are very attentive. One night, the hotel main fuse blew off and the backup generator kicked in. Unfortunately, our room was very close to the facility and having continuous humming sound. Upon knowing this, the staff changed our room immediately and sent us a bottle of wine to help us "ease over the unpleasant experience". While waiting for the golf-cart to bring us to the hotel beach at one time outside the hotel main entrance, a gentleman came up asking what the hetel can be of help. We indicated our wish and this gentleman asked his secretary to drive us there! And he is the General Manager of the hotel. We had a very enjoyable stay and would return next time around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, IHG, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui, Asia