Most of the good points have been covered by other reviewers, but I must re-iterate just how good breakfast is and how good the staff are in smoothly dealing with some awkward customers. I'm writing this at the Samui Banyan Tree - no service slouches by any measure- and the Intercon comes out favourably here.
It very nearly rated 5, but there were odd issues with late room cleaning and room service items lying around outside rooms all day. Not good enough in a 5*. However for me it is 'kid control' that's lacking. I appreciate this is an age (and generational!) criticism, but I don't expect families to be able to hi-jack the resort's main pool, ignoring the children's dedicated area. Toddlers on a pool bar stool isn't what I want to see and a number of guests were none too amused at having to defend iPads from water pistol fights ...
What is needed is a proper 'Club', like that we experienced in Bali. I'm quite happy to pay a few extra quid for separation from feckless parents. It certainly worked in Bali and both parties appeared happy enough! The 'Club' here is a very restricted affair for a few of the villas.
Loved the area and strongly recommend using the hotel's mountain bikes to nosey around through the villages up to Nathon - great surprises like Dusit Dhewa await! There's an ATM 15 minutes north up the coast road at the 7/11 by the car ferry. Loved the area and - unlike most of Koh Samui - a scooter would be useful and relatively safe. But not anywhere else - as an experienced UK motorcyclist and occasional Thai one, I strongly advise against one on main roads, Lamai and Chaweng.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui, Asia