InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ban Suriya(Lipa Noi)
1,158 results
All reviewsamber restaurantmain buildingkids clubinfinity poolclub benefitsflames restaurantsuspension bridgestunning viewsbuggy servicethe cliffocean viewgolf buggiesspeed boatmain poollarge balconypersonal butlerfire show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I use my IHG reward points for a redemption of free nights. The hotel is very far from the city but private. When i reach the hotel. I was stunned with the view from the lobby. It is the most beautiful sea view from the lobby i've ever seen. Decorations of the hotel is good but somethings old because the hotel renovation is not totally finished. Check-in process was very quick. I got into my room and found the welcome letter that give me late check-out till 2PM without my request. I appreciate the hotel benefit. The room was excellent, clean and comfortable. the view from the terrace was great also. But the water supply in room was not heavy. Rain shower gave only light rain. The air conditioner looked a little dirty. When you stay at this hotel and you want to go somewhere else you need to request buggy shuttle service and it took very long time for me waiting for it. The last morning i got the letter on the door noticed me that my check-out time is 12PM. I call number "0" for getting my late check-out benefit. The lady speaking said "No, we have other guests to check-in". I have to talk about the welcome letter as a reference and she said "Ok". Everything went ok except 20 minutes waiting time for checking-out and some bugs in the breakfast restaurant. All staffs were very attentive, knowledgeable and of course friendly.

Room Tip: Base room is quite good
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Khun Yuttasak S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us. I am delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed to stay with us at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort.

We have shared your comments with our team members mentioned in your review and they were happy to read it.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to ‘Where Legends Just Get Better’ at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort..

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in a beachfront villa with a small plunge pool. Room was large with a nice walk in wardrobe and a large comfortable bed and sitting room. Nevertheless there were signs of aging - chipped paint, light switches not working and stains on the sofa. However, it didn't detract to much from the stay.

The location is a bit far away from the hustle and bustle of Chaweng and Lamai areas. You couldn't really go far if you didn't have transport. However I rented a car and I loved the quietness of the surrounding areas and the fact that there were many local thai restaurants within a 15 minute drive of the resort.

The beach in front of the hotel, while nice to look at from the lobby was pretty shallow and not really suitable for swimming most times unless one were to start from the end of the pier. Nevertheless the resort had multiple pools you could swim in which were never crowded.

What really set this resort apart was the friendly personalised service of the staff who were polite, professional and gave good advice on where to go and what to see. Particular mention to the assistant front office manager Johan who was excellent.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear flitting_bird,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am happy to read how much you enjoyed your time at our Resort – particularly our great Beachfront Pool Villa, our well organized, our spectacular views and our team's excellent service. I have shared your great feedback with all our team.

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to our “Home on the beautiful cliff” to on your upcoming visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The first step into the reception area have gotten me mesmerize by the breathtaking view! The clear blue sky, shimmering blue sea. Nicely done couch and chairs around. Baby can crawl around the big couch. Very friendly and hardworking staffs and very helpful too. Room is very cosy and comfortable and clean. They also provide us with a baby cot. Totally relaxing. Moving around with buggy but Service was prompt and in high frequency. Only thing is unsheltered walkway to the room may caused some inconvenience when it's raining especially with a baby. No elevator too. There were Intermittent split-second power trip. The pools are beautiful and inviting. The sunset by the open air bar is not to be missed!! Totally love it! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear meshokora,

Sunny greeting from InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort!

Thank you for choosing our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” for your hotel getaway in Koh Samui and we are thrilled to hear that you had such a relaxing holiday with your family at our iconic resort.

We have shared your comments with our team members mentioned in your review and they were happy to read it too.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you here again for another wonderful holiday, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2013

It is given that Interncontinental BTN boasts the most magnificent view on the island! Stunning sunset is undeniable in this place. But this is not the only gem you can find at this resort. We were here last Saturday for a family day out. My sister and I booked the spa for 2 hours treatment and had the most amazing time. Gorgeous spa reception, very calming and relaxing atmosphere welcome us as guests. The staff are very delicate in action which matches the relaxation being injected to us upon arrival. We were introduced to our therapists and the 2 very friendly Thai ladies were just amazing. Their hands were trained to provide perfect care. They were very professional and very polite. We felt beyond releaxed!

We were very fortunate to be in the suite room! What an amazing set up! There was a light downpour which made the environment even more authentic in nature. You can gently hear the sound of the chimes and I think it just sent me to sleep....

I would highly recommend this place for spa diggers. The price is also inexpensive compared to other resorts on the island. Overall, an amazing day for me and my sister.

My family who chose to stay at the restaurant had a simple, enjoyable time. They were not disturbed and felt that they were staying guests. It was difficult to leave this place even if we only spent a few hours there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear gavin_lorraine,

Thank you for posting wonderful review about our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort. It was our pleasure to read that you had a memorable time on your vacation trip with your family and also its can make your whole experience magical!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you here again with your family, hopefully in not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 May 2013

attended a friend wedding, the hotel is great, however the service is really below average.

- the staff working in the breakfast kitchen never gave a smile, and i always see the staff having arguments with the chief, which made me quite uncomfortable
- I have told the staff many many time that never let the couple know the detail of our surprising event (lanterns). But the cost and details was shown in their bill when they checked out even when i already paid the day before the wedding. It made me so embarrassing.
- and much more, and my friend had sent email to your hotel to follow up and it's been a month, and we didn't hear a word back

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Darius L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Darius L,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our property.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service which was unacceptable. We will address this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.