Spending a long weekend at the hotel was like indulging in an oasis of peace. We had a great time and although it is not our habit to stay at the grounds of the hotel the whole stay, this time we did. It started with a pick up at the airport and driven by private car to the other side of the island. There we were welcomed by name, formalities completed quickly and driven to our beach side cottage by the butler, who took excellent care of us.
The room was beautifully decorated with a massive round bathtub in the bathroom. The small private pool was great and the sea, just a few meters away, inviting.
The restaurant at the main building (the hotel is built against a steep hill) was excellent. The view unbeatable and food of high quality and prepared just right. Breakfast was also served there and was excellent. The restaurant at the beach was very nicely laid out, but food quality was good, just good.
The kids club was fantastic. Our 4 year old son loved it and we really had to drag him away from there. Staff were doing educational things with the kids, so not just brainless entertainment.
However, the best thing of the hotel was the staff. Very friendly, helpful, personal approach, smiles and going the extra mile. Examples are the flowers in the bathtowels, giving free drinks at the poolbar to my son (he is now addicted to coconuts) and foreseeing what you could want.
In summary, a great hotel, excellent food, fantastic staff – really customer focussed. We will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Destinology, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui, Asia