The Intercontinental Samui is a resort in a true sense. Nestled, away from the city in a calm and serene environment one can hardly find faults with this place.
Right from the time we checked in to the departure, the team at Intercontinental strived hard to make our stay comfortable. The entire team at Intercontinental truly believes in the concept of "Service with a Smile" and needs to be applauded for their customer service skills. The resort has an own beach which was a big plus for us.The view from the hotel is truly to be cherished(especially if you have opted for an Ocean View room). The only area of improvement for the hotel could perhaps be a better spread of breakfast and more options in the In room dining/deserts option!
The resort is well spread out and has all the modern amenities one can think off. One must however note that this is a resort and hence far away from the hustle& bustle of the city(approx 45 minutes from Samui international airport).Tourists wanting to stay closer to city centre may want to look at alternate options as the nearest market place/city centre is approx.8 Kms from the resort.
Since the resort is quite well spread out, mode of transport within the resort(to various rooms,spa,beachfront and main lobby building) is done by a "Buggy" hence it is advisable to guests to either request for rooms near the main building/lobby or be patient with availability of "buggy" at times.
Traveller's may want to hire a car from a car rental company if you are staying at this property as commuting to & fro(to the other city centres/beaches such as Chaweng,Lamai, Nathon etc) can be challenging and expensive. Hiring a personal car can be a cheaper, comfortable and better option. Pls remember, however, that if you hire a car, do insist on hiring it with an English GPS to navigate your way through the place and with a comprehensive insurance plan.The hotel has its own free parking for guests staying with them.The hotel cars/transportation can be pretty expensive(as compared to private car hire) and hence we preferred the option of car hire as it also gave us a lot of flexibility.
Cars can be hired locally or through international travel companies as Hertz,Avis etc(which are present in Koh Samui airport).Some of these car hire companies can also arrange to pick/drop the cars at your hotel at an additional fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, IHG, Priceline, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui, Asia