Our trip to the Intercontinental resort in Koh Samui was a last minute decision and was booked on-line through the IHG Web Site. As a Platinum Ambassador member with the Intercontinental Hotel Chain I knew our stay would not disappoint, and it didn't. The location and view's from the hotel are just breathtaking, and the staff were all excellent. We arrived at 10.30am due to taking an overnight flight, so we arrived at the hotel before the allotted check-in time and as the hotel was fully occupied our room was not available. However, the staff provided us a room in the spa so that we could freshen up and change and then lay by the pool until our room became available.
As for the rooms they are quite simply some of the best I have ever stayed in, and I would certainly recommend the King Bed Ocean View Junior Suite. There is only around a total of 70 rooms in this hotel and although it was fully occupied during our stay it never seemed busy or crowded. And if you want to see the most amazing Sunsets, then these can be seen every evening from the Air Bar.
If I were to make a suggestion to improve the service at this hotel, it would be to possibly provide cold towels around the pool areas, in the same way that a lot of other hotels do in hot climates. I would also have liked to have seen the Hotel GM interact with the hotel guests a little more. On one evening occasion he had drinks in the Air Bar yet did not speak to a single guest, he could take lessons from his staff who were always very friendly and polite.
Overall I would have to say that this is one of those hotels that you have to stay at, at least once in your lifetime
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui, Asia