“A Perfect Stay to Remember”

InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Taling Ngam
Davao City, Philippines
“A Perfect Stay to Remember”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Our trip to the Intercontinental resort in Koh Samui was a last minute decision and was booked on-line through the IHG Web Site. As a Platinum Ambassador member with the Intercontinental Hotel Chain I knew our stay would not disappoint, and it didn't. The location and view's from the hotel are just breathtaking, and the staff were all excellent. We arrived at 10.30am due to taking an overnight flight, so we arrived at the hotel before the allotted check-in time and as the hotel was fully occupied our room was not available. However, the staff provided us a room in the spa so that we could freshen up and change and then lay by the pool until our room became available.

As for the rooms they are quite simply some of the best I have ever stayed in, and I would certainly recommend the King Bed Ocean View Junior Suite. There is only around a total of 70 rooms in this hotel and although it was fully occupied during our stay it never seemed busy or crowded. And if you want to see the most amazing Sunsets, then these can be seen every evening from the Air Bar.

If I were to make a suggestion to improve the service at this hotel, it would be to possibly provide cold towels around the pool areas, in the same way that a lot of other hotels do in hot climates. I would also have liked to have seen the Hotel GM interact with the hotel guests a little more. On one evening occasion he had drinks in the Air Bar yet did not speak to a single guest, he could take lessons from his staff who were always very friendly and polite.

Overall I would have to say that this is one of those hotels that you have to stay at, at least once in your lifetime

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Graeme H
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Graeme H,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this kind review and for sharing your overall positive experience online. I am very proud to read that our associates’ special attention and warm hospitality played an essential part in your memorable holiday experience and I will surely share your words of appreciation with the team, they work hard to exceed all expectations and to provide our guests with the traditional warmth of Thai hospitality!

I take note of your suggestions regarding to provide the cold towels around the 7 swimming pool areas and my interaction with the resort guests.

Your feedback is very important for us to improve our service and let us know more what is the guest feeling during stay with us.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I do hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back to our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” in the future.

Kind regards,

Stephane Duchenne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Me and my husband just came back for our holiday in Ko Samui last week....we had a beautiful days to spent there and of course a nice hotel to stay, Intercontinental Ko Samui
The hotel was so amazing.....especially the view from up there and the facilities were so magnificent, at first we hadn't had any reasons to complain at all....the staff were friendly, especially the one who had took care of us since we were coming...our room has been upgraded because we are member of IHG (Intercontinental Hotels Group), we've just felt the truly advantages of being a member.
Until the last day, when we just finished with our payment and check out procedures something happened that I couldn't forget till now.
When my husband went to the lobby to do some check out things, I've just waited for the bell boy to take our luggage...and when I got in to the lobby, i saw already my two luggages were there.
My husband did ask the female staff on the reception desk to prepare our car, because we have limited time to go the airport....and my husband has asked me again to remind the staff about the car...so I came to her and politely asked her to ask someone to bring my car into the lobby...Since we've first come we just dropped the car and gave them the key, we didn't even know where the car park was. And surprisingly she just listened to me and kept busy talking with her handy talkie and has said to me that i have to be patient because the bell boy were taking my luggage from our room....i told her that our luggage were just in front of her eyes and has asked her again to bring our car to the lobby...and she gave me the car's key....what am I supposed to do with the key?
I have to find my own car without somebody tell me where it was?
Was that a kinda 5star hotel service?
And I have replied again to her to ask somebody bring my car, she just said that everybody were BUSY, thats all..and kept busy with her handy talkie.
Finally...because the time were enough been wasted, my husband asked the boogie cart to take us down to the car park with our luggage...and she said nothing, just nothing
no apologize...no said anything..even the other female staff that we've met in front of the lobby just got off from the boogie( and know about the story) just said nothing.
So we both said to each other that the five star excellent services has suddenly stopped just when you have finished the payment, thats all!
so Unforgettable Service for us to remember...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank irayulfajri
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear irayulfajri,

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us feedback on TripAdvisor. I truly am sorry to hear that our service was not up to expectations. At InterContinental, we continually strive to meet each of our guest’s expectations, I am very sorry that we failed to deliver this to you during your recent visit.

The areas for improvement have been brought to the attention of the respective department heads to share with the team. We will work harder on these very important aspects.

In other side, I’m happy to hear that our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” is so amazing with the magnificent facilities.

Dear irayulfajri, I sincerely thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that we will continue to work hard and strive to meet every guest expectation. I do genuinely look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely yours,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

There many good reviews on the sea view and spectacular sunset which intercontinental can provide. I decided to make the stay for my family more amazing and book a Premier Ocean View. However, I was put in a room where it differs from website stated. It doesn't has spectacular 180 degree sea view. It is no different from Ocean View room. When I clarify with the hotel reception, they insisted it is premier ocean room despite I told them the view is partially block. You pay for 180 degree view but end up 90 degree. Can't even see sunset from the room. Disappointed!

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Jtravelco
Dear Jtravelco,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment after your stay with us.

It is with disappointment to learn of the Premier Ocean View Room in which it did not meet your view expectations, and I would like to apologize for this. At InterContinental, we continually strive to provide the best view to our guest.

The Premier Ocean View Room offers a similar layout to Ocean View Rooms. They feature spacious balconies, with a large daybed and dining area where you can admiring the stunning views.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I do hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back in our beautiful resort in the future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A magnificent view of the ocean from hotel lobby kick started my stay.

Although I was on a business trip (conference to be precise) but did manage to enjoy the spoils on offer. The staff went out of there comfort zone, and ensured that our conference, entertainment, and overall stay was comfortable.

Initially, I did have my doubts about the hotels preparedness to handle a group of 100 people, but to my delight - every thing went off smoothly.

I stayed at the beach front villa that offered an excellent view. The room had all amenities that one would expect.

Spa at the hotel, is another place worth indulging in - I would specially recommend the open air beach-side set-up to enjoy a great view as well.

Room Tip: Beach front villa recommended - although slightly away from main lobby & breakfast area, but sti...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank rohit s
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear rohit s,

Thank you so much for this great review and for naming us “Great hotel, great service”.

I am particularly pleased to hear that your business trip went very smoothly during stay at our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” and you liked our Beachfront Pool Villa as well. Our team members will also appreciate you took the time to recognize their professionalism of their service. We are proud that our InterContinental’s way of excellent service and hospitality complemented your memorable.

Thank you once again for your encouraging words of appreciation, we all sincerely hope to welcome you back to InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort very soon when your next return to Koh Samui.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Location was beautiful, on the hillside overlooking the ocean. Fantastic views and sunsets. Service was second to none - they thought of everything and were on the spot immediately if we needed anything extra. The two bedroom villa was amazing - loads of space, comfortable beds and well equipped bathrooms, lovely balconies with ocean views. Room service was efficient and discreet. Fantastic breakfast. Choice of pools to sit and sunbathe and very good service in all of them.
Only disappointments - the beach wasn't great for swimming - sea shallow and coral covered, quite a lot of flotsam and not very inviting. I felt the spa/massage/ yoga facilities were way overpriced and, after Bangkok, disappointing. Venturing outside of the hotel complex, Nathon was worth a short visit as was the elephant trek. There were small bars and restaurants close to the hotel offering boat trips, delicious food and beer/cocktails at a fraction of the hotel prices if you are prepared to explore a little.

Room Tip: The location and style of the spacious 2 bedroom villa, just a short walk, across the swing bridge...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Jane W,

Thank you very much for your kind review both in the TripAdvisor and IHG review and for complementing us as “Fantastic location”. Your review was an absolute pleasure to read!

Thank you once again for complementing us not only the fantastic view, but the villa, the breakfast and the service as well. I have shared your comments with our team members mentioned in your review and they were happy to read it too.

In terms of the prices of our spa treatments, we do charge more than some spa message outside the resort, but our prices are generally in line with those that offer the same superior quality treatment by the professional therapist. We strive hard to give great value for money.

At our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff”, we provide many activities for free of charge to our guest such as 7 color swimming pools, Private pier to jumping in the ocean, fitness 24 hour, sailing, Kayaking, 2 tennis courts, etc.

It has been our joy and privilege to serve you and we look forward to being of service to you again when your next return to Koh Samui.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

When traveling to Samui, don't miss this one!
The most amazing hotel on earth!
Located in the middle of nowhere but supplies the best of all.
A great place to visit with the family or as a couple.
An unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: The villas are unbelievable. Suited for families as well as for couple. Indulge yourself!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank The_Chevalier
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear The_Chevalier,

Thank you so much for writing us an incredible review! Your review was an absolute pleasure to read! Your portrayal of “Best hotel, ever and the most amazing hotel on earth” puts a smile on our face. Thank you so much for complementing us the spectacular view. I have shared your comments with our team members mentioned in your review and they were happy to read it too.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic view and very good food. We had a great time, thanks to our friends and certainly not due to the staff. The people working there is way below expected standard. The concierges are completly useless. We were adviced the zipliner and ordered the day before. No car showed up, an early wakeup waste. So finally the pickup car arrived an hour late, and what a joke. An open pickup with almost no back support, no rails to hold on to, no seatbelts. 45 min on the highway in rain and being unsafe, no thanks. If I transported my family like that in Europe I would be arrested. No quality assurance or understanding from the concierge. Shocking.....!!
And the snorkling trip, similar story. Not showing up. Just waiting, wasting valuable vacation time. Motortruble....!
And the beach dinner. Yes no problem, table for 20. No, you cannot order from the menu its a bbq buffet tonight fixed at 3500THB per person.
Come on, you have to expect more from Intercontinental. Please shape things up, you got a great location and a good chef.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fridtjof_from_Norway
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Fridtjof_from_Norway,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We regret you received service that was less than satisfactory during your stay. We don't want any guest inconvenienced and rest assured that your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Connie D
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
#2 of 187 in Bophut
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort

Been to InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort? Share your experiences!