My Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort experience cannot be just said in a one word.
1. I liked very much the exclusivity of the spaciousness, privacy, elegance and the ambiance of the place. The small number of guest accommodation at simultaneous high standard make the experience at Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort unique. Certainly distinguishing feature as compared to known to me resorts of Intercontinental Bali (some nations with their towel place reservations) and Dusit Thani Phuket ( I stayed there in one of the ocean front villas). This exclusivity feeling I had a bit at Al-Bustan Intercontinental in Oman (Suite where my children counted 13 various rooms altogether).
2. Perfect is the kitchen and ambiance of the restaurant down at the beach. I liked the privacy and loneliness very much. The menu is fine and tasty. Congratulations.
3. Your butler spoils customers (it is a wonderful feeling to get spoiled – thank you). It is a good idea to have one person taking this role for possibly whole staying time (Butler at Raffles Singapore changes twice a day – making it very un-personal). Khun Pan at Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort was very attentive and very sensitive to all the nuances. Let her to define the level of behavior for Samui Baan Taling Ngam butlers and all your guests will be happy.
4. The personal kindness, interests and hospitality of all, starting from GM, Director and down to the staff is exceptional – it is an asset to the hotel.
5. I was impressed by the attentiveness and the discretion of the lady manager of the restaurant on the level of the bar. Regret not to remember her name. Someone you would love to have around you all the time.
6. Also very unique was the capability of one of the restaurant staffers (lady too, unfortunately I also do not remember her name). Just attending her other guests as usually, she noticed and could read my body language (I was unhappy with the immediate proximity of big family small child birthday party on one side and noisy overseas ladies on the other side). So even if I did not dare to ask for a replacement she voluntarily prepared another table in a distance and once it was ready – suggested me to move. Wow. Impressive.
7. Ambiance in SPA underlines the elegance and exclusivity. I enjoyed particularly the spacious, elegantly appointed treatment room. (In some Intercontinental Hotels you have an impression you are in a densely packed hospital, not to talk about yet other class hotels).
8. Room cleanness, appliances etc. are as usually, at the high Intercontinental standard. Nothing to comment, yet positively acknowledged.
9. So over all: thank you for this great experience. I highly recommend the place to all those seeking an exclusivity at moderate price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, IHG, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui, Asia