“An absolute gem!”
Bungalow 1 at Sunset
Villas at South Beach Samui
Bungalow interior
Bungalow 2
Bathroom, view from sinks to outdoor bath
Outdoor Bathroom Villa 3
Greating Dancer
Lunch snack
Pooldeck
view from bungalow 2
kitchenette and desk in each bungalow
Breakfast Kitchen
Dining for 24
Barbeque Corner
Driveway
Main Building Driveway
Lounge Area by night, entrance to Master Suite
entrance to dining hall
view from the beach to the villa
from beach to villa
Villa at sunset
our private beach
the carpark
garden and lawn for weddings
garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Olga C
Sydney, Australia
“An absolute gem!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Villa Kalyana will forever be my personal piece of paradise. The property is a little hidden (quite literally) gem on beautiful Koh Samui. The design is flawless. It balances modern luxury with Thai architecture and gorgeous Asian furnishings and interiors. The villa almost blends into it's surroundings - the palm trees, the greenery, the beach. The staff were most helpful and very friendly and the villa Host was just perfect - patient with our rowdy party of 20 and catering to our whims. We had yoga and Muay Thai lessons by the sea, ate splendid food prepared daily by the incredible chef, played pool, played IN the pool, sang karaoke in the cinema room, had a party for 60 people catered by the villa and - last but not least - my husband and I celebrated our wedding at Villa Kalyana! And perfect it was too.
I cannot recommend this place more highly. Cannot wait to go back.

Tim W
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

The photos do not do the place justice. The villa is amazing! The staff and service were excellent, and the rooms, buildings and pools are stunning. There has been a lot of thought and consideration taken in the design and layout of the facilities, we could not fault it.
We stayed 4 nights here which included our wedding ceremony and reception, it was the perfect location.
Thanks to Peter, Renaud, and all the villa staff for making us feel welcome and creating a most memorable experience. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
23 Jan 2014
Hi!

Thank you guys sooo much ! We really appreciate your praise for our hard work... It was a pleasure to have you here!

Hope to see you again

Peter and Team
Michelle...
Hong Kong, China
“Amazing”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Villa Kalyana is just beautiful and I would recommend it to anyone! Completely enjoyed my stay here for 5 days. Wish it could have been longer. Food was great, pools were beautiful and the beach was stunning.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The two pools
Liked least: Distance from other other places to eat.
Large groups
Management Response
22 Jan 2014
Thank you very much :-) It was a pleasure to have you here ! Hope to see you again...
AshleyCoo...
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

I think I speak for all of us (the guests) when I say "this place was fantasic". We were part of a large group and everything was more than expected. Not only was the resort beautiful but the staff were very helpful, tentive and polite and the meals that were prepared were equally grand.
All the rooms had all the mods cons as advertised on their website and we even all got to have frsh coconuts juice from the coconut trees.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would love to come back in the future. An absolute hidden treasure.
Thanks again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The grounds were very tidy and well looked after
Liked least: I couldn't get my TV connected to the interenet
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Bevan C
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing place, but not entirely suitable for young children”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

This place is amazing for a large group. The staff are awesome, and very adaptable to your needs. Its a long way from the busy parts of the island, which is both a plus and minus, but still only a 10 minute trip to the closest 7-11. The rooms are lovely, and very clean. Overall it was a great experience, and the positives are too numerous to mention, but there are a few things that made we want to give it 4.5 instead.

1. The staff dont know how to make a cocktail - a minor issue, but I guess i expected a true 5 star experience with so many staff on hand.
2. There are safety issues with small children/todlers - particularly the lack of side guards on the main stairway to the pool. Also the pool and grounds are beautiful, but so large that you will have to supervise constantly
3. paying cash daily for food/drinks etc can get tedious, particularly if you have a daily limit on your credit card and therefore have to make a trip to the bank everyday.

still, despite these minor gripes, which they may be able to address for you before you visit anyway, i will definately be coming back.

oh - and the chef is amazing - no food demands were unmet, and the selection of available dishes was huge, and faultlessly prepared.

scyw
Hong Kong, China
“Dream Wedding”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

My wife and I have prepared well over a year for our destination wedding in Thailand and we have finally picked Villa Kalyana at Koh Samui through our very helpful wedding planner Aey at Dreamcatcher Events. We booked the entire villa plus the newly-constructed bungalow extension which altogether consisted of 8 bungalows and 5 rooms.

We had ~20 friends and family members staying there for 3 nights and we had an absolutely memorable and fun time there. Trying to find this place off the main road may be a bit of a challenge for some esp. when you rent a car and drive there yourself, but roads in Koh Samui gets easier to memorize after a couple of days. But being off the beaten track means that the villa has great privacy, and having access to a beach that it shares with the adjacent Villa Sairee means that you pretty much get the entire beach by yourself.

The communal swimming pool in the middle of the giant backyard became our daytime hangout place, where friends just dip in with a beer and chat. The giant sitting room table beside the kitchen became our meal time gathering place. All in all, Villa Kalyana provides a cozy family home style accommodation away from home.

On the night of the wedding ceremony, the banquet lawn was decorated as my wife had designed and presented an amazing backdrop to the entire evening. Dance floor (or rather dance space since we simply danced on the grass) was set up next to the dinner tables with DJ and open bar. After a few minutes of firework on the beach and releasing the sky lantern, we turned the afterparty to the pool where everyone jumped in. We literally set up a mini bar on the island in the middle of the pool. Another good reason why having a pool beside the dinner banquet is convenient.

I would definitely recommend my friends who have a big group of friends or family who want to spend a couple of days in a cozy family style place. It is not very close to the bustling districts of Chaweng and Bophut but it provides for great privacy and the pristine beach and wilderness of the south side of island.

Liked best: Exclusivity
Liked least: Far from town center
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Large groups People with pets
Ingo B
Starnberg, Germany
“The best holiday experience ever”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

This is the most amazing place I ever stayed in my whole live: The dream of a tropical island combined with a top notch accommodation and perfect service.
Usually I don`t write reviews but this place made me feel I have to tell others of a secret paradise.
I must admit that I am a very demanding guest. Due to the fact that my leisure time is very limited I can't afford to make the wrong choice. Usually I follow recommendations of friends and relatives or I decide to take the most expensive place. Yes, not all these expensive places where good choices. But this one. Wow - nothing can compete with it.
We had our own private beach, the water in the bay is crystal clear and the natural surroundings are simply overwhelming. The villas are on the highest level, perfectly clean and the furnishings (some fine antiques also) were wonderful.
How many nights did we stay for hours in the pool and enjoyed this stunningly illuminated place?
The staff was very attentive - as if they were mind readers. There is nothing, really nothing that could be improved. We definitely come back! Very soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nature, service, architecture, furnishing, perfect tranquility
Liked least: Everything was superb
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing