“Simply Stunning”
Bungalow 1 at Sunset
Villas at South Beach Samui
Bungalow interior
Bungalow 2
Bathroom, view from sinks to outdoor bath
Outdoor Bathroom Villa 3
Greating Dancer
Lunch snack
Pooldeck
view from bungalow 2
kitchenette and desk in each bungalow
Breakfast Kitchen
Dining for 24
Barbeque Corner
Driveway
Main Building Driveway
Lounge Area by night, entrance to Master Suite
entrance to dining hall
view from the beach to the villa
from beach to villa
Villa at sunset
our private beach
the carpark
garden and lawn for weddings
garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Simply Stunning”
Reviewed 31 March 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

My partner and I booked Villa Kalyana for 5 nights in January 2017 for our Wedding and couldn't have wished for anything more perfect!
Our whole family was blown away with the beauty of the villa, attention to detail and idyllic location. All members of staff greeted everyone with a smile and worked really well together. Nothing was too much trouble for the amazing Sonia and Mam at the villa - everything was dealt with immediately or quickly organised via a phone call.
Chef's food was exquisite!!!! Every dish he created was made with love and truly appreciated by all of us! Such a lovely, humble guy too!
Our Wedding planner Becky was fabulous from start to finish. She had numerous Skype conversations with us ensuring that everything we wanted for our special day was taken care of. Becky is a true professional who made us feel at ease straight away. Our family loved how calmly efficient she is and how she had everything under control.
We would not hesitate to recommend Villa Kalyana to others and cannot wait to make it back here one day!

tford14
“A Little Slice of Paradise”
Reviewed 26 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Wow! I mean, Wow!
This place is AMAZING! The actual villa is incredible. My brother and his wife were married here and he talked the place up a bit. He didn't oversell it at all. As good as the villa was the food was better and the staff were even better than that again. If I had to give any negative feedback it would be that it will be hard to stay anywhere else in Thailand after staying at this amazing location. Seriously this place blew my mind. Thank you!

Casey-Lee...
Canmore, Canada
“Stunning holiday rental - perfect for weddings!”
Reviewed 23 March 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here for three days with 30 guests for our wedding in January 2017. Our stay was absolutely perfect and we are thrilled that we chose to have our wedding here :)

First of all, the villa and grounds are absolutely gorgeous! The rooms are very large and luxurious and definitely 5 star; from the beds, to the air con and the amazing showers (indoor and outdoor), you will not be disappointed. The pools are enormous and spotlessly clean and the gardens are like a tropical oasis. My husband and I have traveled quite extensively over the years and in our opinion the quality of accommodation here is very impressive.

The staff are wonderful, extremely attentive, thoughtful and kind. A huge thank you to Mam, Sonja and the Chef (the food was delicious... our guests couldn't stop raving about the papaya salad!) for making our stay so enjoyable :)

The wedding itself was absolutely perfect... and it was all made possible by the AMAZING Becky! Words really cannot express how thankful I am to have chosen to have my wedding at Villa Kalyana and to have been lucky enough to have Becky as a wedding planner. Becky's communication is second to none - we spent hours on the phone and countless emails figuring out all of the details ensuring that Heath and I had everything we wanted for our special day. It is very stressful planning any wedding (let alone a destination wedding, when you can't see anything in person) and yet Becky was so calming and easy-going...she really was "my rock" throughout the whole process! Becky helped me to realise "my vision" and thought of all of the little details that I never could have possibly imagined.... all the while appreciating and taking into consideration our budget. When the wedding was all over I was actually sad because Becky made the process so enjoyable and fun - I really can't thank her enough!

We were also absolutely thrilled with all of the wedding suppliers / services that Becky had recommended and organised - and I am not someone who is easily impressed!

The flowers were so sensational that I actually shed a few tears when I first saw them (and that's not normally something I would do!) The vision for my flowers was a little bit different, but the florist executed it perfectly, from the bouquets, to the ceremony arch, grooms boutonnieres and table decorations - they were amazing - I couldn't stop looking at them!
Our celebrant, Johnny was perfect for us. He was calm, grounding and reflected our personalities. Our cake (with a very complex, personalised wedding topper was very very delicious!) and the food in general was divine.
The bridal party and I had our hair and makeup done by Polina and her team who were incredible. I was a little bit worried at first about having my makeup done without having a trial, however I had nothing to worry about. Everyone's hair looked perfect and makeup was faultless. I cant believe I was ever considering doing my own makeup! Polina will ensure that you have a perfect look that will triumph over the Thailand humidity!!

Once again, a huge thank you to everyone at Villa Kalyana and we hope to see you again soon :)

Your age range 25-34
Luke F
“Heaven On Earth ”
Reviewed 11 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

My husband and I got married here in February 2017 and we could not have found a more beautiful or private place in all of Samui. We booked the entire villa for three days and it was better than we ever imagined!

The villa itself is absolutely stunning, beautifully designed with lots of traditional furnishings and is surrounded by two amazing pools, lots of tropical plantation and backs onto a lovely private beach. A big highlight for us though was definitely the gorgeous staff. From the moment we arrived our every need was met in the most timely manner and nothing was ever a problem. They all went above and beyond and made our stay absolutely perfect. I have to make a couple of very special mentions, firstly to Reno. Thank you for everything you did for us during our stay, especially going out on more than one occasion to get more alcohol. Nothing was ever a problem. The villa would be a very different place if you weren’t there keeping everything running smoothly. Your kind words and reassurances throughout our entire stay didn’t go unnoticed and won’t be forgotten. And secondly to the beautiful Mam and Sonya. You ladies are truly an asset to the place and we cannot thank you both enough for everything you did for us and our guests, especially assisting us with arranging all those transfers. You both made our stay truly magical and we will never forget your smiling faces.

Nowhere on the island will you find more authentic and delicious Thai food. Was definitely some of the best Thai food we have ever eaten and we never went hungry. Every meal was so fresh and the quality of food was out of this world. We had a couple of guests with dietary requirements however nothing was ever an issue and they were all very satisfied. Chef Khun Seri and the team truly outdid themselves!

The wedding itself was perfect in every way and it was all thanks to our wonderful and amazing wedding planner Becky! From the moment we were introduced to Becky I knew we were in very good hands. Her patience, guidance and dedication throughout the entire process was incredible. Nothing was ever an issue and she went out of her way to create the most magical day for us, it was so much more than we could have hoped for. Trying to organise a destination wedding can be a real nightmare however Becky made every decision easy and was committed to ensuing what we imagined was what we got. The flowers were perfect, the table decorations were perfect, the fairy lights were perfect and everything went off without a hitch. Her calm and reassuring presence on the day of the wedding was truly invaluable. Thank you will never be enough.

If heaven was a place on earth it would be Villa Kalyana!

YanaSu17
Brussels, Belgium
“A fabulous place with the most caring team.”
Reviewed 25 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

A fabulous place with the most caring team.
From the second we checked-in we found ourselves surrounded not only by the beauty of the villa, where every little detail is thought through, but also by the most caring team of professionals, who made us feel a part of the family, rather than just guests. A hug-a-day from Mum and her wittiness come with the package!
Chef Seri's food was most exquisite, both for casual dinners and for the wedding dinner. A big Chef's surprise on our wedding day was the fruit station, full of the melons and watermelons carved in peculiar and funny shapes, featuring our wedding date and our names. It was SO cute!

Rebecca was our wedding planner - helping us organise our special day/big party. Her approach is: maximum attention to detail, precision, galore of ideas, humour and the energy of a very caring older sister, who wants you to be the happiest person on earth. I wouldn't have wished for a better wedding planner!! Will deeply miss the skype sessions, full of brain-storming and laughs.

Thank you, Becky & Kalyana team, for ensuring our wedding day was the most special, beautiful and stressless event ever!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Trip of a lifetime”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in June 2016

What a place!! Its so hard to sum up just how amazing our 7 day vacation in the Villa Kalyana was.

My husband and I have already been to Koh Samui three times but this stay absolutely topped our expectations and previours stays. We are both big workaholics and 350 days around stress and more stress - so it is even harder for us to disconnect and turn off the work mode. But the beauty of the location and the incredible kindness of the staff put us automatically in the vacation mood.

When we arrived at our villa our jaws literally dropped when we saw the airy and open space which was surrounded by this beautiful turquoise water. Entering the vila itself exceeded our expectations by far - the spacious room with the comfy canopy bed, the authentic decoated interior and my absolute favourite the open air shower (even though there was also the option of using the second rainfall shower inside - a real luxury problem:)) Another highlight was the private beach strip as well as the private swimming pool which was fantastic to take a dip in and cool off in thhe morning before going to breakfast.

The food was simply amazing - Khun Sonja the Hotel Manager stopped by every evening to ensure we get what we want in the morning. We always got the freshest fruits and a beautiful selection of breads, musli, joghurts and soups which lasted us mostly until the evening. Even though we were planning to spend the evenings outside in Chaweng and Lamai we mostly failed to leave the Villa as none of the food came closely to the fresh fish BBQs, the salads, the curries and my abosule favourite "the mango sticky rice".

My husband and i are pretty sporty and enjoy our work outs - being few steps away from the beach the avaialbel kayaks came very handy and gave us the option to discover the close by area. Also the close by temples and the viwing point encourages you to go for strolls and enjoy the nature by feet. Whoever is looking to get a little more of an workout done also has the option of using the Villa's gym.

This has by far been the trip of our lifetime and the hospitality and the attentiveness of the staff was just ridicioulsly wonderful. If you are looking for a quite and relaxing vacation this is your place. We will definately come back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
kayganley...
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
“Stunning tranquil luxury private oasis”
Reviewed 8 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

My blended family of 15 adults and 6 grandchildren had their dream holiday at Villa Kalyana. The occasion was celebrating my 60th birthday and my expectations of the property from the photos on the website were met. The bedrooms and bathrooms are luxurious, there are several areas for different activities, to sit with a quiet book or play cards all together or dance the night away around the pool. The staff were fantastic and provided everything we asked for with a smile. Rebecca, Sonia and Mam organized my birthday party around the pool putting up lights and lanterns and dressed the dining table beautifully, and one for my grand daughter who also had her 5th birthday on our first day, the party lunch for her birthday was a banquet as was every meal the chef cooked the food was outstanding we ended up letting him cook what he decided as we loved all the delicious meals. We had two barbecue meals on the beach which were fantastic and so much fun eating under the stars in warm balmy weather. The pool is huge and perfect for toddlers with shallow parts, the kids played in it all day with all the pool toys provided by the staff. The kids learnt to play pool with the adults and loved it. The bunk room was perfect for the kids aged 9-12yrs. We went kayaking, swam in the sea or just sat on the lounges lover looking the beach had in house massages in the beachside cabanas. The weather was superb the entire 10 days and the palm trees provided just enough shade from the sun. Our family from New Zealand and one couple from Australia loved it so much we hope to return one day. The staff were amazing with the children especially Mam and Sonia. Renaud the Manager was very helpful if something needed attending to. This is one special holiday we will never forget thank you Villa Kalyana and staff.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy and tranquility and quality of the property
Liked least: The hard mattress
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing