Firstly, the hotel itself is wonderful. We stayed in a sunset view room with a Jacuzzi in it (behind the bed, but still with a view out of the giant glass sliding doors), and the view is to die for. I felt that the English of the people working there was a bit lacking at times, but everyone was so genuinely nice and helpful, that it never mattered. The food at the restaurant is pretty good, but the price is a bit high (though it is in line with other restaurants in the area). The view of the sunset from your room or the beach will make you re-consider going back home.
My wife did a massage on the beach, which she gave a fantastic review. And on our last day, we did a couples massage, which was heavenly.
The only thing to keep in mind is the location. The hotel is basically on the opposite side of the island as the airport and the major tourist areas. While this means that the beach is comparatively empty, it also means that there is not really any nightlife or other entertainment options available without an expensive 45 minute cab ride. For us, this turned out to be not an issue at all, and we did not feel the need to utilize the hotel's 100 THB shuttle to Lamai beach. We were more than happy to sit on the beach all day, have dinner watching the sun set, have a few drinks by ourselves, and then repeat.
There are not many restaurant options in the area, but there are a few, and we had good experiences at most of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui, Asia