We traveled to Koh Samui in June 2011. We decided to stay in this place for 5 days in the sunset Jacuzzi room where the wasn't sunset view at all. All we saw from our room was massive coconut trees. Our room was above the maintenance staff room where they were performing general cleaning and maintaining from 6am. We could hear the guys sweeping outside area and washing their vehicles early hours in the morning. After 2 nights of broken sleep we decided to speak to the manager about our concerns. They offered us an upgrade to garden villa which was lovely and quiet. Unfortunately the villa garden room had an issue with air con which wasn't working. We had to take the unit apart and clean the filthy filter covered in dust! On the last night we were woken up by a mouse! Yes, mouse was having a lot of fun eating all the fresh fruit left by the staff for us to enjoy. Shame it was mouse who enjoyed it rather than us. When we asked for some help to chase the mouse away, the staff seemed to be more scared than the mouse. There is nice private beach right outside the hotel but forget about swimming! There is dead coral all around which makes very difficult to enjoy dipping in the water. All in all the place is really lovely, staff are helpful and will try to make your stay comfortable. There is a need for some updating, chopping down the coconut trees for the sunset views, sorting out the air con and for the staff to be more proactive. Breakfast was lovely though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui, Asia