“Feels like Im in Paradise!!”

Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lipa Noi
Detroit, Michigan
“Feels like Im in Paradise!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Had a great relaxing time. Had a chance to get the best Thai massage. Beautiful room view to the ocean. Staff service with a smile, always there to help make our stay more comfortable then ever. Food was terrific. Definatly want to visit again .

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sophia3216
4Andreas, General Manager at Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui, responded to this review, 30 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to log into Trip Advisor and post comments about your recent stay at Nikki Beach Bungalow Resort. We always appreciate receiving guest comments so we may review our performance and maintain the highest standard of service for our guests.
I am so pleased you enjoyed Nikki Beach and our wonderful location.
Thank you for choosing us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
LA
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Had a great time with my boyfriend at Nikki Beach this past February. Stayed 10 days in Koh Samui and spent probably 7 of those days at Nikki Beach. Samui is a beautiful island and we enjoyed going around, sightseeing, dinning and the nightlife but our resort had such a nice ambience it was hard to leave. The sunsets are to DIE for! The beach is not a crowded beach, most of the people on the beach are local Thai's so it makes the vacation that much more special. I like being away from the crowded tourist (Mc donald) areas and Nikki Beach had the perfect location to feel secluded but with great food and service!! Everyone was so nice and attentive it was wonderful. Make sure you stay there during a Sunday so you don't miss their Sunday Brunch - a full buffet of delicious items, Dj, drummer, saxophonist, was such a great vibe and one of our best days on the island!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JCreations
Reviewed 16 April 2011

after my fifth visit in Koh samui I still can't change tha amazing Nikki beach bungalows.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank basilis93
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 15 April 2011

The dream started from the moment we arrived at Nikki Beack. When we saw for the first
time the amazing pool with the great music on the background. We all said the same thing "paradise". After 10 days of relaxation drinking mojitoes and trying a great varaiety of foods, this dream had come to an end.
I fully recomend it to who ever wants live this dream.
10 to 10

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank sk_bill
Patras, Greece
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Nikki Beach Koh Samui is an excellent place to be. Beautiful view, great pool and service with the best known Thailand smiles! After my visit in Koh samui, I would recommend to whoever would like to visit Koh Samui, Thailand to definatly visit Nikki Beach Koh Samui

Room Tip: All the bungalows have a great view towards sea
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank iskarm
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This was my first trip to Asia and I wanted to stay in a relatively small place in order to gain a bit more intimacy with the surroundings. The resort is directly on the beach and has a fabulous pool area so you have the best of both worlds when it comes to water,sun and fun. During the day, the music adds to the "beach party and food" ambience while in the evening, the music is tranquil and intimate. The food is outstanding and the brunches, which now occur several times a week, are amazing. The service is quick and friendly, whether in your "bungalow" or around the bar or pool.

Speaking of the "bungalows"- as a long time camper, this was no "bungalow"!! The rooms are individual settings with three glass walls for all the open feel one would need in a tropical island resort. Want more privacy? Just pull the sheers or blackout shades and voila! you are in your own little (well airconditioned) world. Rember the music I talked about around the pool? Can't hear anything from the room, which is perfect for when you want more quiet and solitude. Also, every bungalow has its own front porch complete with lounging chair and couch. I spent many hours reading outside even during the day as there is a roof and a fan.

The resort is enviro friendly too- Take your room key with you and it turns off the electricity while you are gone, very clever! Sheets are changed when you ask or a minimum of once a week I believe. There is a recycling policy and more "green" initiatives to come.

I was alone and felt like a queen while I was there. Be prepared for hot tropical weather, shopping that can't be beat (if you know how to negotiate-- and if not, ask one of the staff they'll teach you!) and lots of good food and water activity.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Nexttripflash
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I’ve just checked out of Nikki Beach two days ago to continue our well-rounded Samui visit and move to another hotel (review to come!). But the truth is: I wish I had known a bit about the location so that I would have booked rooms for our entire holiday! When I was last on the island the resort had yet to open up but since I’m familiar with the Nikki Beach brand and enjoy the whole beach club concept, I figured I’d give the hotel a try. Initially, we were really worried we would confront the boisterous nightclub setting after sundown but when we called to ask a bit about the place, we were ensured it’s a very laidback location and there would be absolutely none of that. It could not have been more of a perfect atmosphere to really unwind… It is on the other side of the island, completely removed from the tourism madness of Chaweng and Lamai, which was all I really wanted this trip. I know Chaweng and Lamai have the attractions and majority of the high-end restaurants but the staff at the hotel really never had a problem arranging for us to be transported wherever we wanted – with the friendly staff even recommending some really great places to check out since so many new places have sprouted up in the past couple of years.

There aren’t very many bungalows on the property but the pool is open to the public, so visitors stroll in and out through the day. However, they’re all likeminded, never encountered anyone obnoxious (I have some previous Samui horror stories)… everyone was just looking to have some good food and great mojitos while they enjoyed the pool and the music being played by their resident DJ. It was really nice to be in a low-key environment that didn’t seem like a retirement home. Additionally, there’s plenty of staff so I never felt, as a hotel guest, that I was being ignored for day-customers. Every employee was really attentive and everything we ordered came out just as we expected in a timely fashion (very hard to find in Thailand).

If anyone knows a thing or two about Nikki Beach and its food, it’s no secret everything is amazing. I had many morning trips to their gym out of pure guilt because I was a bit gluttonous the entire time. I never turned down the opportunity to have their lava cake after every meal; I’m not proud but it was THAT good. We even had the chance to chat a bit with their sous chef and find out how they’ve incorporated all the fresh ingredients of the island to really make their signature dishes stand out. Apparently the original chef works out of this location, so we got to enjoy food just as the brand’s menu intended. With the original chef on board, the notorious Sunday Brunch that started my loyalty to the brand years ago is wonderful here. Always fully stocked and having just about everything I could want, brunch really is a must-do when on the island… guest or not. Something I've never experienced at the other locations is this Mediterranean buffet they have every Wednesday. The set-up is pretty similar to the Sunday Brunch except it only features food from various Mediterranean countries and it was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Luckily, they have some availability open for the last few days of this trip, so we’ll be checking out early and returning… Looking forward to days of wandering from beach to pool, having cocktails on one of the poolside beds and taking in the best sunset I’ve ever witnessed. And the beeeed…. Oh, the bed in the bungalow – it is absolutely everything like what I imagined being swallowed into a fluffy cloud feels like. I became very fond of my post-mojito afternoon nap every day. Obviously, I really enjoy time off from work and Nikki Beach is now my perfect escape.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
#2 of 187 in Bophut
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort
InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa

Been to Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui? Share your experiences!