We love the Nikki beach concept. We been to a few of the Nikki destinations, - and we like the people who also enjoys the concept. It´s kind of a special club for special people, - just like people with dogs or babies. However, - the Nikki beach concept is quite different on the Koh Samui destination, - and people should be aware of this, - so they dont go with completely different expectations of what to find.
The service is top - very attending staff, giving 100%.
The food is great and great value for money.
The price is expensive, - but that you know already right ?
For the bungalows, - there is no privacy at all. Your balcony will face another bungalows balcony 10 meter from you, - but it´s really not a problem unless you are shy and look for complete privacy. The views of the sunset and the beach is stunning, - and pool and facillities are in very good shape. The bakery makes fantastic baguettes, - you can buy and bring home to your bungalow with for example cheese and ham.
So Nikki Beach Koh Samui, - got it all - but still fails to deliver if you are looking for fun or party, - and now we tell you why. First of all, - Nikki Beach is in generel famous for their parties, - which in almost all other Nikki resorts is an daily event. Normally you can meet and hang out with people from all over the world, - but not on Samui .....
Due to regulations, - the music is so low during the daytime - that is almost non existing. When the clock hits 5 PM, - they even turn in more low, - and this continues untill 11 PM where the whole resort is closing down. No DJ on weekdays, - no entertainment at any kind ... on weekdays, - and not even any sign of a party on fridays and saturdays. Can this be true ? - unfortunately yes.
So what happens is, - that most customers are seeking other venues during the stay, - leaving the resort more or less isolated, - which it already is - as there is a 30 kilometer drive to Chaweng where it all seems to be happening. So no one just pops by Nikki Beach, - unless they have booked in advance.
Ok, - the sunday brunch is really great, - its an all day party with a mix of islanders an people staying in the resort, - but please note its all day - not all night.
So the verdict is - this is not a party place at all, - but mostly like every other resort just with a much better service. The place is screaming to become what it should be; Nikki Beach !, and we really hope that it will find its way through local regulations etc, - so it can become much more alive. Anyway - we would come back for a romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Thailand Beach Resort, Nikki Beach features 48 world-class accommodations, including expansive villas, seaview suites, private beach bungalows and more - all resting exquisitely on our pristine white sandy beach. Guest can enjoy the luxury of king size beds draped with Egyptian cotton sheets, 42 inch LCD TVs, free wireless internet on entire property, his and her sinks, his and her closets, vanity desk, large private veranda and full service in room dining. Additional amenities include a 75-meter swimming pool, petanque field with complimentary pastis, kayaks, mountain bikes, massage sala, and more. Check In : 3PM Check Out: 12PM ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Nikki Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nikki Beach Bungalow Hotel Lipa Noi
- Nikki Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lipa Noi, Thailand