“Amazing place to stay service from staff first class great job by the manager”

Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lipa Noi
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Amazing place to stay service from staff first class great job by the manager”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here for four nights november 2013 and i was a but worried at the start about prices from other peoples reviews but you get what you pay for you pay less you get less what we got was well priced value for money with excellent service a great bungalow very clean and tidy great food especially sunday brunch music fantastic nice to relax to i have no complaints at all about this place unlike other reviews about loud music its only at the pool and it goes well with the surrounding theme of the place will def be back next year good job nikki beach koh samui

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was looking for a tropical getaway with a great view, on a good beach where I could rest and relax. My husband and I found all that plus with a pool area that had plenty of canvas covered daybeds with cushions for lounging, a dj spinning club music, and staff waiting to offer us fresh towels, adjust our umbrellas, or bring us food from the kitchen or drinks from the bar. It was a private escape at our bungalow room and a trendy scene at the pool.

The location is remote for Koh Samui. You'll need a car if you want to get around for exploring or to dine at other restaurants as there are not many nearby. I, personally, love this aspect of the hotel although from reading some other reviews, I can see that some people dislike it. I think you have to know what you want before you make a booking anywhere and, of course, you should research to see if what you are getting is going to be what you want. At Nikki Beach, you are going to have a lovely sandy beach mostly to yourselves. The water is somewhat shallow and you can take advantage of the free kayaks. There are no touts, no jet skis, no beach vendors. You'll have lovely sunset views as the hotel is on the western side of the island and you can see the islands of the National Marine Park on the horizon. I read a complaint about jellyfish on TA. Jellyfish can occur anywhere and are subject to tides, seasons, and winds. During my one week stay, I never saw one. I have lived in tropical ocean zones most of my life - sometimes you get jellyfish. There is always the pool.

Another complaint I read was about the food. I found the food to be very good although I ate at the pool or room service. Is it cheap? No. I have never found a 4/5 star hotel that had cheap food. Its always more expensive than the restaurants outside but you are paying for convenience. I'm picky and I very much enjoyed everything from the lobster to the steak sandwiches. I wasn't expecting Michelin stars, I just wanted tasty food. Breakfast was included and the seating is outside. An omelette station is set up outside with made to order omelettes. Inside the bakery is delicious freshly made breads, an assortment of fresh fruits (where in 7 days I never saw an ant like a previous review), cheeses, and about 6 different silver covered heated trays holding bacon, hash browns, asian breakfast offerings. I missed the Sunday brunch as we had gone diving so I can't report on that.

I highly recommend Nikki Beach and will definitely stay here again when I return to Koh Samui. I'm a bit older and past my party days. I thought the trendy pool and dj music would make me uncomfortable but I found that I quite liked reading books, drinking wine, and cooling off in the pool and people watching. If it got too much for me, I just moved next door to the private beach area for the bungalows.

Room Tip: We stayed in both the beach bungalows and in the newest section of the resort. The bungalows are in...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank T O
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We booked Nikki beach because we had been to St tropez and Marrakech. So wanted to stay in the actual resort!
We really really enjoyed it. From the moment we arrived to the end we had a FABULOUS time.
The ground is perfect. The " bungalows "are nicely situated facing the 60 or so metre pool, which if you have the ground floor you step directly into the pool!
The room itself is BIG, beautifully made with nice material being on the floor ( stone) or the bed linen, towels....
The terrace is also fantastic...large white sofa and a lounge chair such nice place to chill with a nice glass of rosé!!
Around the " beach " end pool it feels a little crowded but then it's how Nikki beach is...music and party around the pool so if you don t like that kind of theme well don t go there....
The orange towels are soooooo nice and soft and they smell nice...:)))
DINNER: really enjoyed but we found the portion too large ( maybe because we are not big eater)
Had a lovely soup as a started and Chicken satay for main course that was so tasty, my daughter had a Mexican type of started and the" fish and chips" very nice too. But we could not finish. So our dining experience was rather enjoyable. Just one thing, I asked for a beer and was brought without a glass....during a meal surely a glass is the rigueur!!!
It is a little over price plus the added percentage makes it even more so!! But the food tasted nice
BREAKFAST: a wide variety, from yogurt and fruits to croissant, omelette ...also nice coffee!
On the whole our dining experience was very enjoyable.

Nikki beach is situated on the west side(Lipa Noi) which is very quiet and not at all near the loud/ almost rough Chaweng etc..so if you want that then this place is not for you. Hire a bike/ car and go out and visit going right or left you ll come across amazing places. That's what we did and loved it, as even though you want to stay within Nikki beach because its so nice, you need to get out but you ll come back time after time too.
We surely will and will do so soon enough.
Thank you to the whole team at Nikki beach you have made our stay very special and a place I ll remember for a long time and for sure will tell friends about it.

Nearly forgot, thank you to the person who celebrated their birthday, we were treated to an amazing display of fireworks...
But not just tiny ones......rather big and nice.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ladyejc27
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stayed 2 weeks in this hotel and could build an objective opinion on it, since we had a car we visited other hotels and restaurants.
Positive aspects:
° Nice rooms, a lot of choice for the sunday brunch.
Negative aspects:
°Nikki beach is the worst placed hotel on the island: you are far from everything.
°This hotel is very noisy (exept if you take the bungalows that are far from the main swimming pool), so if you want to be relaxed you should go for an other hotel.
°Since bungalows are in front of each other everyone can see what you do and you can see what others are doing.
°There are workers working in the bungalow area from 7am till 7pm everyday (we stayed for 2 weeks and they even were there during the weekend and sunday!), who stare at you when you're in your room or swimming in the swimming pool (not really nice).
°Since works start at 7am, it happens they use hammers and other noisy tools that wake youup exept if you don't hear noises when you sleep.
°Compared to other hotels (The passage (closest to the hotel), four seasons or others) the personnel is very unfriendly (seems like they are having more fun between each other than with the customers).
°Very little choice for breakfast. The room were the buffet is, is like an oven (don't know how the food stays fresh there) and I hope you like your fruit with ants!
°Maybe a detail for some, but very important to me: the deckchairs on the beach are in plastic (don't fit to the luxury image they try to give themselves), the beach is dirty and there are jellyfishes in the water.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank AJ A
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 2 nights, we originally intended to extend to a 3rd night but didn't.
Overall we were disappointed as we felt it was a rip-off specially the food and drinks. While we waited for our food, the waiter served us 2 pieces of bread each and a little saucer filled with olive oil. Very pretty but totally insipid. My boyfriend ordered an entree which looked delicious on paper and was really a crepe filled with tin tuna and cheese. I had a salade nicoise which was mainly lettuce. If you think that on the price you also add the 17% tax it really seems you pay just for the name of the place.
In regards to room, we were in the new bungalows. The room in itself is quite dull and boring but of course this is my opinion and might be to others people taste.
The pillows where so thick it was impossible to sleep unless you have a neck of 50cm long.
I was also very disappointed there wasn't a spa or at least a sauna/steam. Of course I should have checked but I thought in a hotel of that category it came with it.
On the good side, the service was very good and the rooms very clean.
The pool and beach area reserved for hotel's guest only nice to chill out.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cothai
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Great hotel - very clean, spacious an trendy. Great pool (60m long!) with separate kids area. Beach is very nice - maybe one of the best in Koh Samui. Highly recommended, but be warned that it is in quite a remote area, so be prepared to use taxis a lot.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank David H
Castricum
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Great for lounging, swimming and to have a great party! The Sunday Brunch is one not to miss. Have fun and enjoy. Prices are ok!! Location is percect on the West side of Koh Samui and on the beachfront.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
SALA Samui Resort And Spa
SALA Samui Resort And Spa
#1 of 10 in Choeng Mon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,090 reviews

Been to Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui? Share your experiences!