I've booked nikki beach for my partner and my parents. We stayed there for about a week over christmas and were looking for a relaxing time. When we arrived it was sunday around lunch time, the weekly sunday brunch was happening. And we were shocked after check-in to find a huge party crowd, gogo dancers and house music all over the resort. We originally booked the beach bungalow, which we changed on the first day, to the newer two-storey rooms on the other side of the hotel. The beach bungalow side was too noisy, the house music from the main pool can be heard much less and there is another pool on the other side of the hotel where all this party crowd does not have access to. We were told that usually this only happens once a week, but unfortunately during christmas there were two more of those events. Seems that this is well known and people from all over the the island come to the hotel for those parties. One of the hotel managers offered us the first brunch, as we were quite dissapointed. The food was great! But the two other brunches (which basically last from around 11 to 4/5) were pretty much the same. It costs about thb 1500 and during that time you are not allowed to order à la carte. As a hotel guest that's a bit boring to be honest. The food in general is very good quality, but the selection for breakfast as well as lunch / dinner (both has the same menu) is pretty limited if you're staying for more than 2-3 days!
The rooms are nice, spacious and clean. The whole hotel is very stylish but in the end, i have to admit, you could be anywhere in the world, no thailand feeling at all.
The hotel is right at the sea and you can go swim but there is no beach.
If you like to go to a decent city you have to go back to chaweng, which takes about 45 minutes by taxi and will be charged about thb 900.
The staff is partially very friendly and professional, the majority is nevertheless not up to standard. Most thai staff we've spoken to barely speak english and it will take 2-3 staff until they know what you want. The hotel has a huge number of staff but it's more quantity than quality!
In the evenings the hotel was very comfortable and quiet, after all visitors have left.
Overall we had a nice time at nikki beach but it was definately not the right choice for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Thailand Beach Resort, Nikki Beach features 48 world-class accommodations, including expansive villas, seaview suites, private beach bungalows and more - all resting exquisitely on our pristine white sandy beach. Guest can enjoy the luxury of king size beds draped with Egyptian cotton sheets, 42 inch LCD TVs, free wireless internet on entire property, his and her sinks, his and her closets, vanity desk, large private veranda and full service in room dining. Additional amenities include a 75-meter swimming pool, petanque field with complimentary pastis, kayaks, mountain bikes, massage sala, and more. Check In : 3PM Check Out: 12PM ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Nikki Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nikki Beach Bungalow Hotel Lipa Noi
- Nikki Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lipa Noi, Thailand