“Sunday Brunch”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lipa Noi
Laguna Beach, California
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a review of the Beach Club and Sunday Brunch, not of the hotel itself.

We came across Nikki Beach on a weekday when we had rented a car from our resort in Bo Phut and were looking for a place to have lunch and some drinks. We had heard of other Nikki Beach locations in Miami and St. Tropez, but were unaware until that time that there was a location in Koh Samui. I am so glad that we made this discovery. On our first visit it was very quiet -- we had the pool to ourselves and the food and drinks were spectacular. When we left, the hostess recommended that we come back for Sunday Brunch, so we booked a sun bed to return on Sunday. When we returned for the second time, we found a completely different vibe -- busy, lively and great music. Not to mention that the brunch buffet was the most amazing buffet I have seen anywhere. I am not one for buffets, but this was incredible and everything I tried was delicious.

Overall, great food, drinks and atmosphere. Location is beautiful and service was great. I would highly recommend Nikki Beach for either a quiet lunch during the week or a great party on the weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Eschen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I've booked nikki beach for my partner and my parents. We stayed there for about a week over christmas and were looking for a relaxing time. When we arrived it was sunday around lunch time, the weekly sunday brunch was happening. And we were shocked after check-in to find a huge party crowd, gogo dancers and house music all over the resort. We originally booked the beach bungalow, which we changed on the first day, to the newer two-storey rooms on the other side of the hotel. The beach bungalow side was too noisy, the house music from the main pool can be heard much less and there is another pool on the other side of the hotel where all this party crowd does not have access to. We were told that usually this only happens once a week, but unfortunately during christmas there were two more of those events. Seems that this is well known and people from all over the the island come to the hotel for those parties. One of the hotel managers offered us the first brunch, as we were quite dissapointed. The food was great! But the two other brunches (which basically last from around 11 to 4/5) were pretty much the same. It costs about thb 1500 and during that time you are not allowed to order à la carte. As a hotel guest that's a bit boring to be honest. The food in general is very good quality, but the selection for breakfast as well as lunch / dinner (both has the same menu) is pretty limited if you're staying for more than 2-3 days!
The rooms are nice, spacious and clean. The whole hotel is very stylish but in the end, i have to admit, you could be anywhere in the world, no thailand feeling at all.
The hotel is right at the sea and you can go swim but there is no beach.
If you like to go to a decent city you have to go back to chaweng, which takes about 45 minutes by taxi and will be charged about thb 900.
The staff is partially very friendly and professional, the majority is nevertheless not up to standard. Most thai staff we've spoken to barely speak english and it will take 2-3 staff until they know what you want. The hotel has a huge number of staff but it's more quantity than quality!
In the evenings the hotel was very comfortable and quiet, after all visitors have left.
Overall we had a nice time at nikki beach but it was definately not the right choice for us.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Sarah1708
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

This was the best place I have ever stayed at. The people were just amazing the service was perfect. The have a wonderful happy kind staff. It seems that everyone there loves to work there. They will set the day up for you even if you just want to go to town and walk around. They make your stay feel like your at home. The hotel is not walking distance to a town but for 300 baht you can go to a town and eat and shop. The food on the resort for Thai standard's is pricey but the food is excellent. It is on a very calm private beach which was nice. The rooms were very big and and clean. Everything you needed was right there, We didn't want to leave. I love Nikki Beach their staff and just what they stand for.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Wow, we went there for brunch on a Sunday, and the item selection was outstanding. Although we didn't stay at the hotel, the brunch itself deserves a review. I made reservations online and the GM offered us a complimentary pickup, although we were on the other side of the island. Curries, roast beef, sushi, pancakes, fresh seafood, breads, cheeses-it was breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can stay there for a whole day, enjoy drinks by the pool. The price was very reasonable, considering the wide selection and quality of food. There was a saxophone player, added a really nice touch. Highly recommend!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toronto_lov
Haarlem, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Spent 8 nights here in October 2013 with wife and 2 children of 4 and 1 years old, in a Deluxe plus room.
These rooms are quite new, are not exposed to the main pool music, and are great in terms of space and design.
They also have a very long pool of some 75 m in front, with a kids area at the far end (away from the beach).
Cleaning took place multiple times a day.
Sunday brunch is not to be missed.
Dinner can also be had at the neighboring resorts, like bigjohn seafood restaurant (lipa lovely resort), lipa lodge resort, and mango tree restaurant and the street restaurants along the road (especially the one directly left of the massage place), some 5 minutes walk from the resort.
An older but reliable jeep can be rented quite spontaneously and affordably from the German/Thai couple just behind the Mango Tree restaurant.
Breakfast was ok: good quality but quite monotonous.
Kayak use was fun.

Room Tip: If you have small kids, ask for a ground floor room opposite the children's section of the long...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here for four nights november 2013 and i was a but worried at the start about prices from other peoples reviews but you get what you pay for you pay less you get less what we got was well priced value for money with excellent service a great bungalow very clean and tidy great food especially sunday brunch music fantastic nice to relax to i have no complaints at all about this place unlike other reviews about loud music its only at the pool and it goes well with the surrounding theme of the place will def be back next year good job nikki beach koh samui

• Stayed October 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was looking for a tropical getaway with a great view, on a good beach where I could rest and relax. My husband and I found all that plus with a pool area that had plenty of canvas covered daybeds with cushions for lounging, a dj spinning club music, and staff waiting to offer us fresh towels, adjust our umbrellas, or bring us food from the kitchen or drinks from the bar. It was a private escape at our bungalow room and a trendy scene at the pool.

The location is remote for Koh Samui. You'll need a car if you want to get around for exploring or to dine at other restaurants as there are not many nearby. I, personally, love this aspect of the hotel although from reading some other reviews, I can see that some people dislike it. I think you have to know what you want before you make a booking anywhere and, of course, you should research to see if what you are getting is going to be what you want. At Nikki Beach, you are going to have a lovely sandy beach mostly to yourselves. The water is somewhat shallow and you can take advantage of the free kayaks. There are no touts, no jet skis, no beach vendors. You'll have lovely sunset views as the hotel is on the western side of the island and you can see the islands of the National Marine Park on the horizon. I read a complaint about jellyfish on TA. Jellyfish can occur anywhere and are subject to tides, seasons, and winds. During my one week stay, I never saw one. I have lived in tropical ocean zones most of my life - sometimes you get jellyfish. There is always the pool.

Another complaint I read was about the food. I found the food to be very good although I ate at the pool or room service. Is it cheap? No. I have never found a 4/5 star hotel that had cheap food. Its always more expensive than the restaurants outside but you are paying for convenience. I'm picky and I very much enjoyed everything from the lobster to the steak sandwiches. I wasn't expecting Michelin stars, I just wanted tasty food. Breakfast was included and the seating is outside. An omelette station is set up outside with made to order omelettes. Inside the bakery is delicious freshly made breads, an assortment of fresh fruits (where in 7 days I never saw an ant like a previous review), cheeses, and about 6 different silver covered heated trays holding bacon, hash browns, asian breakfast offerings. I missed the Sunday brunch as we had gone diving so I can't report on that.

I highly recommend Nikki Beach and will definitely stay here again when I return to Koh Samui. I'm a bit older and past my party days. I thought the trendy pool and dj music would make me uncomfortable but I found that I quite liked reading books, drinking wine, and cooling off in the pool and people watching. If it got too much for me, I just moved next door to the private beach area for the bungalows.

Room Tip: We stayed in both the beach bungalows and in the newest section of the resort. The bungalows are in...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
SALA Samui Resort And Spa
SALA Samui Resort And Spa
#1 of 10 in Choeng Mon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,090 reviews

Been to Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui? Share your experiences!