“Brilliant, again”

Nikki Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lipa Noi
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Thanks guys for another awesome Sunday at Nikki beach. Paradise found. Every Sunday should be like this!

Will extend my Samui trip to make it there again this Sunday :)

Nikki beach is slowly becoming my Mecca. Amazing energy and vibe. Sunset swim in the ocean a lovely bonus.

And the House tunes rock!

Keep it up!

Alex x

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 10 January 2014

So many good things to say about Nikki Beach!! Stayed here Christmas Eve to Dec. 29th.

1st - The Overview
We chose Nikki based on its location and the level of accommodations offered. My wife and
I wanted to have a venue that was scenic (of course), but not busy (like the more popular areas of Samui). We also required the establishment to be comfortable with holding a same-sex marriage. Needless to say, Nikki was able to fulfill all of these requirements and exceeded our expectations.

2nd - The Staff
I can't thank the staff enough. Each and every one of them - whether they were a housekeeper, manager, server, bartender, receptionist, poolside dancer, et. al., - made us feel welcomed and cared for.

We had the honor of meeting great staff members like Magnus, Natalie, Michael, Mariska, Javier, Pad, Atilla + Wife, Bruce + g/f, (and many more) and we await their warm hugs on our next visit.

We had the pleasure of working with Fahsai for our wedding. She was AMAZING. She was there every step of the way and helped us so much - even made suggestions that saved us time and money. It was obvious she really cared and was genuine - our wedding was more than just income for Nikki. My friends were stressed out during their weddings, but I cannot relate!! Without Fahsai, I don't know what we would have done! She made everything so easy and effortless, I don't even feel like I made any effort at all (other than paying, haha).

3rd - The Location
As mentioned above, we chose this location because it was on the West side of the island, which was important because we wanted to have the sunset be the back drop of our wedding. Also, compared to when we went to Bo Phut and Chaweng, this side of the island is more serene, less crowded, and the beaches and water are much cleaner.

Nikki is also next to other resorts like Rajapreuk, Lipa Bay, Lipa Lodge, etc. It's great when you need a change of scenery and they're literally a stone's throw away.

4th - Nikki Itself
The hotel was great. The decor was inviting and had a "modern Thai cosmo-teak" vibe going for it. Earthy yet fun. Perfect to stay in the mind set that we are actually on holiday. I really enjoyed the bathrooms because of the use of stone. It gives a spa-like feel and adds a level of tranquility. Bed was also amazing. I slept great.

The non-bungalow rooms surrounded a long, quiet, seldom used pool. Super awesome for those days that you just want to swim away from a non-"party" crowd.

Stayed in a bungalow on our wedding night. Pretty much same decor but more teak. Larger than the regular room we stayed in.

The restaurant/pool area is scenic. Has great views of the ocean and makes for great people watching. Perfect place to raise glasses while the sun is setting. The area has a DJ that plays house music from the afternoon until dinner time, so this atmosphere may not be for everyone. We enjoyed it though, as we were drinking Mojitos and Bellinis while watching other people drink Mojitos and Bellinis. And we ate. Oh yes, we did.

The Sunday brunch is ridiculous. If you've ever been to Las Vegas, you knowwhat i'm talking about (and the same price too). Freshly carved hanger steak and roast pork? Yes, please. Made to order pad thai? I'll take seconds. Sushi, lobster mac and cheese, feta and watermelon, beef Nam Tok? No one could stop me. Serving both Thai and modern Western foods, there's no way someone could resist. Was well full and well intoxicated. My only regret is that I DIDN'T HAVE ROOM FOR ICE CREAM or the made to order crepes!! EPIC failure on my part. I should have paced myself better. Amateur.

In sum, Nikki had everything that we needed for both a great holiday and wedding. From the staff to the venue itself, Nikki is definitely my choice for Samui and will stay here the next time I come.

Room Tip: Non bungalow rooms are more quiet and have quick access to the non-party pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IreneParAvion
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a review of the Beach Club and Sunday Brunch, not of the hotel itself.

We came across Nikki Beach on a weekday when we had rented a car from our resort in Bo Phut and were looking for a place to have lunch and some drinks. We had heard of other Nikki Beach locations in Miami and St. Tropez, but were unaware until that time that there was a location in Koh Samui. I am so glad that we made this discovery. On our first visit it was very quiet -- we had the pool to ourselves and the food and drinks were spectacular. When we left, the hostess recommended that we come back for Sunday Brunch, so we booked a sun bed to return on Sunday. When we returned for the second time, we found a completely different vibe -- busy, lively and great music. Not to mention that the brunch buffet was the most amazing buffet I have seen anywhere. I am not one for buffets, but this was incredible and everything I tried was delicious.

Overall, great food, drinks and atmosphere. Location is beautiful and service was great. I would highly recommend Nikki Beach for either a quiet lunch during the week or a great party on the weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I've booked nikki beach for my partner and my parents. We stayed there for about a week over christmas and were looking for a relaxing time. When we arrived it was sunday around lunch time, the weekly sunday brunch was happening. And we were shocked after check-in to find a huge party crowd, gogo dancers and house music all over the resort. We originally booked the beach bungalow, which we changed on the first day, to the newer two-storey rooms on the other side of the hotel. The beach bungalow side was too noisy, the house music from the main pool can be heard much less and there is another pool on the other side of the hotel where all this party crowd does not have access to. We were told that usually this only happens once a week, but unfortunately during christmas there were two more of those events. Seems that this is well known and people from all over the the island come to the hotel for those parties. One of the hotel managers offered us the first brunch, as we were quite dissapointed. The food was great! But the two other brunches (which basically last from around 11 to 4/5) were pretty much the same. It costs about thb 1500 and during that time you are not allowed to order à la carte. As a hotel guest that's a bit boring to be honest. The food in general is very good quality, but the selection for breakfast as well as lunch / dinner (both has the same menu) is pretty limited if you're staying for more than 2-3 days!
The rooms are nice, spacious and clean. The whole hotel is very stylish but in the end, i have to admit, you could be anywhere in the world, no thailand feeling at all.
The hotel is right at the sea and you can go swim but there is no beach.
If you like to go to a decent city you have to go back to chaweng, which takes about 45 minutes by taxi and will be charged about thb 900.
The staff is partially very friendly and professional, the majority is nevertheless not up to standard. Most thai staff we've spoken to barely speak english and it will take 2-3 staff until they know what you want. The hotel has a huge number of staff but it's more quantity than quality!
In the evenings the hotel was very comfortable and quiet, after all visitors have left.
Overall we had a nice time at nikki beach but it was definately not the right choice for us.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sarah1708
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This was the best place I have ever stayed at. The people were just amazing the service was perfect. The have a wonderful happy kind staff. It seems that everyone there loves to work there. They will set the day up for you even if you just want to go to town and walk around. They make your stay feel like your at home. The hotel is not walking distance to a town but for 300 baht you can go to a town and eat and shop. The food on the resort for Thai standard's is pricey but the food is excellent. It is on a very calm private beach which was nice. The rooms were very big and and clean. Everything you needed was right there, We didn't want to leave. I love Nikki Beach their staff and just what they stand for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Wow, we went there for brunch on a Sunday, and the item selection was outstanding. Although we didn't stay at the hotel, the brunch itself deserves a review. I made reservations online and the GM offered us a complimentary pickup, although we were on the other side of the island. Curries, roast beef, sushi, pancakes, fresh seafood, breads, cheeses-it was breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can stay there for a whole day, enjoy drinks by the pool. The price was very reasonable, considering the wide selection and quality of food. There was a saxophone player, added a really nice touch. Highly recommend!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toronto_lov
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Spent 8 nights here in October 2013 with wife and 2 children of 4 and 1 years old, in a Deluxe plus room.
These rooms are quite new, are not exposed to the main pool music, and are great in terms of space and design.
They also have a very long pool of some 75 m in front, with a kids area at the far end (away from the beach).
Cleaning took place multiple times a day.
Sunday brunch is not to be missed.
Dinner can also be had at the neighboring resorts, like bigjohn seafood restaurant (lipa lovely resort), lipa lodge resort, and mango tree restaurant and the street restaurants along the road (especially the one directly left of the massage place), some 5 minutes walk from the resort.
An older but reliable jeep can be rented quite spontaneously and affordably from the German/Thai couple just behind the Mango Tree restaurant.
Breakfast was ok: good quality but quite monotonous.
Kayak use was fun.

Room Tip: If you have small kids, ask for a ground floor room opposite the children's section of the long...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lipa Noi
Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
Sandalwood Luxury Villas
InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort

Been to Nikki Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!