I’ve just checked out of Nikki Beach two days ago to continue our well-rounded Samui visit and move to another hotel (review to come!). But the truth is: I wish I had known a bit about the location so that I would have booked rooms for our entire holiday! When I was last on the island the resort had yet to open up but since I’m familiar with the Nikki Beach brand and enjoy the whole beach club concept, I figured I’d give the hotel a try. Initially, we were really worried we would confront the boisterous nightclub setting after sundown but when we called to ask a bit about the place, we were ensured it’s a very laidback location and there would be absolutely none of that. It could not have been more of a perfect atmosphere to really unwind… It is on the other side of the island, completely removed from the tourism madness of Chaweng and Lamai, which was all I really wanted this trip. I know Chaweng and Lamai have the attractions and majority of the high-end restaurants but the staff at the hotel really never had a problem arranging for us to be transported wherever we wanted – with the friendly staff even recommending some really great places to check out since so many new places have sprouted up in the past couple of years.
There aren’t very many bungalows on the property but the pool is open to the public, so visitors stroll in and out through the day. However, they’re all likeminded, never encountered anyone obnoxious (I have some previous Samui horror stories)… everyone was just looking to have some good food and great mojitos while they enjoyed the pool and the music being played by their resident DJ. It was really nice to be in a low-key environment that didn’t seem like a retirement home. Additionally, there’s plenty of staff so I never felt, as a hotel guest, that I was being ignored for day-customers. Every employee was really attentive and everything we ordered came out just as we expected in a timely fashion (very hard to find in Thailand).
If anyone knows a thing or two about Nikki Beach and its food, it’s no secret everything is amazing. I had many morning trips to their gym out of pure guilt because I was a bit gluttonous the entire time. I never turned down the opportunity to have their lava cake after every meal; I’m not proud but it was THAT good. We even had the chance to chat a bit with their sous chef and find out how they’ve incorporated all the fresh ingredients of the island to really make their signature dishes stand out. Apparently the original chef works out of this location, so we got to enjoy food just as the brand’s menu intended. With the original chef on board, the notorious Sunday Brunch that started my loyalty to the brand years ago is wonderful here. Always fully stocked and having just about everything I could want, brunch really is a must-do when on the island… guest or not. Something I've never experienced at the other locations is this Mediterranean buffet they have every Wednesday. The set-up is pretty similar to the Sunday Brunch except it only features food from various Mediterranean countries and it was definitely a pleasant surprise.
Luckily, they have some availability open for the last few days of this trip, so we’ll be checking out early and returning… Looking forward to days of wandering from beach to pool, having cocktails on one of the poolside beds and taking in the best sunset I’ve ever witnessed. And the beeeed…. Oh, the bed in the bungalow – it is absolutely everything like what I imagined being swallowed into a fluffy cloud feels like. I became very fond of my post-mojito afternoon nap every day. Obviously, I really enjoy time off from work and Nikki Beach is now my perfect escape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Thailand Beach Resort, Nikki Beach features 48 world-class accommodations, including expansive villas, seaview suites, private beach bungalows and more - all resting exquisitely on our pristine white sandy beach. Guest can enjoy the luxury of king size beds draped with Egyptian cotton sheets, 42 inch LCD TVs, free wireless internet on entire property, his and her sinks, his and her closets, vanity desk, large private veranda and full service in room dining. Additional amenities include a 75-meter swimming pool, petanque field with complimentary pastis, kayaks, mountain bikes, massage sala, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nikki Beach Bungalow Hotel Lipa Noi
- Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui Ko Samui/Lipa Noi, Thailand