“great service”
Review of Lipa Bay Resort

Lipa Bay Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Lipa Noi
Reviewed 24 April 2014

the rooms are comfortable, the food is great , so is the location , but the thing i rate this hotel for is its service, the hotel manager organised a 4x4 to take us wherever we wanted for a very reasonable rate

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We are chcking out tomorrow, but I decided to write this review after 3 days in this place. The hotel is very cleanith and beautifully locatied (just next to the beach), but most importantly the service (everyone from reception to people who work at the seaside restuarant) are the nicest I have met in Asia! Also the food is amazing with affordable prices!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Really nice little resort with a really friendly stuff, great restaurant, awesome pool almost on the beach (you relax in the pool and looking at the sea). We had a villa which is located in the resort garden and it was really great! A huge bad, panoramic windows (2 walls were not walls but all balcony windows). In the morning we took bicycles which were free for hotel guests and took a ride. There is one nice temple not far from a hotel and one art center/museum. It's not finished yet but everyone is welcome there - very nice, peaceful and mysterious place - definitely go there!!! Breakfast was not so rich but nice :) We also liked a beach - great sand, water and enough beach chairs. We liked this place so much and were a bit upset we have it for 1 night only. Would we come back if someone asked? We would for sure!

Room Tip: Take villa - in this case you'll get your own little house with panoramic windows hidden in the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jusha_P
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We moved to this place when the place down the beach was not appealing to us. This place has a great staff, lovely pool, great restaurant, balconies, a lot of beach and pool chairs and the ocean beach out front is awesome. It is conveniently located between the two ferry docks, one about 3 k and the other about 7 k (give or take a few k). The place is small, maybe 10 bungalows and 10 rooms so you may need to book ahead. The staff is very helpful with information. We loved this place.

Room Tip: Upper floor has better views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

wonderful hidden gem, great beach and infinite pool. Good food and the staff will do whatever they can to make you feel home. Beautiful gardens and we got a free upgrade. Again they showed how much they care about kids and they helped carrying them around whenver we ate at the restaurant. Breakfast is very nice here too. We even got a present to our son (a body w long sleeves). Thank you so much!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fyrsten76
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I loved this quaint little resort. It has only 10 villas and 8 hotel rooms in the main building. It had a nice quiet, comfy feeling to it. I stayed there on two occasions during my recent trip to Thailand. The first time for 4 nights right at the beginning of the trip, The perfect way to recover from the jet lag. Later on the trip I needed a room for one night on Samui near Nathon pier to take an early morning ferry the next day and figured since I liked the resort so much, I would stay there again.

I stayed in one of the 10 villas of the resort which was basic, but had warm, dark hardwood floors, was cozy and tastefully furnished and decorated, and very clean. I've found that most of the places I stayed at in Thailand had hard beds, and this one was no exception, but was comfortable nonetheless. So much light could be let into the room from the floor to ceiling windows. I enjoyed opening the windowed doors to walk out onto the balcony and quietly read in the garden setting. The curtains covering the windows will not create complete darkness in the room, which I usually like to have, but was certainly dark enough.The resort is very quiet at night and I had great sleeps. Nikki Beach resort next door had a lot of base thumping music playing in the afternoons but that never went past 6PM on the days I was there. I actually recommend taking the short walk to Nikki beach for afternoon cocktails and lounging on the white day beds. It sounded like there was live music one afternoon, but a DJ was on duty the afternoon I went and it was quite pleasant, but expensive.

The resort is on a nice long stretch of beach on the very quiet western side of Samui. Nice sunsets!

Within minutes of arriving on the island, I saw tourists with casts and bandages from motorcycle accidents and knew that a motorcycle rental was out of the question for me. Having said that, there are a few different dining options at other resorts further down the beach, but those options are limited. I saw very few taxis on the main road closest to the hotel. If you require more mobility then a motorcycle hire might be for you.The staff is super friendly and will be able to organize any transportation needs you may have. There is very little to walk to from the resort in the way of bars, restaurants and shops, which was fine with me as all I wanted to do was veg out. I did take a walk up to the main road on three occasions looking for a pharmacy, which I did find, but found it closed all three times. There was a small fridge in the room which was replenished daily with complimentary bottled water and there were plenty of pay snacks and alternate beverages in the mini bar. I needed for nothing.

The restaurant served very good, reasonably priced food and I was quite happy to eat there, although I found it to be very brightly lit at night. I only ate Thai food while at the resort, which was very good, There seemed to be quite a few western food options on the menu.

The small infinity pool was great and right on the beach. There were a few umbrellas and beach chairs and although the resort was fully booked while I was there, I was always able to get one of each at some point during the day. The resort is at the start of a public beach and I did see guests not being able avail themselves of an umbrella and/or chair because people from outside the resort had snagged them which I thought might have been managed a bit better.

I'll say again, I really loved this place. The staff was so warm and welcoming and always willing to help with anything you might need. The gentleman who seemed to be either the owner or the manager was so gracious and you really felt like he genuinely wanted you to be happy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Serge B
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Lipa bay's location is absolutely beautiful! The pool is literally located right on the beach.

The staff is very polite, welcoming and hospitable. The regular rooms are ok at best but comfortable. The location, service and environment completely make up for it.. If you can, check out Niki Beach as well.. Their new years eve brunch was fantastic.. All you can eat buffet, beautiful people and lovely music..

Lipa bay definitely met my expectations for my first visit to Koh Samui

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Centara Villas Samui
Centara Villas Samui
#11 of 63 in Maret
The Lipa Lovely Beach Resort

Been to Lipa Bay Resort? Share your experiences!