The reviews on tripadviser made me book this hotel however it was a big mistake. I usually agree with the reviews on trip adviser but I don't understand what good aspects previous reviewers see in this place.
My partner and I were backpacking and this was a treat, expectations were not high however we did expect more for a three star. I did notice that there were some improvements going on whilst we were staying so I'm trying to make this as constructive as possible.
The building and rooms are tired looking and worn. The grounds are unkept and the whole place looks a bit messy, e.g parts of sun loungers left round the back pool, which kids threw into the pool. Our room (standard) was clean but very basic no kettle and very old units.
The thing that bothered us the most was the safety issues. The back swimming pool had broken tiles all over the bottom of the pool and round the edge seriously sharp broken tiles like blades. On one occasion a woman jumped off the end of the pool and cut her foot on one of the broken tiles. That pool needs to be shut until the tiles are replaced, it's so dangerous especially for kids.
The beach had rubbish all over the place and the staff did not address this issue. I saw other guests tidying up the beach. There was broken bottles and planks of wood with nails sticking up. Obviously not the hotels fault for what gets washed up overnight but surely would be nice if they tidied it up before the guests showed up on the beach.
The way you get onto the beach is again another risk you take at Rajapruek. You have to jump down around half a meter onto pipes and concrete, perhaps build some steps?!
There is just a lack of management at this hotel where basic things like safety is not a priority. They need more people sorting out and maintaining the grounds.
The staff were lovely and helpful though.
The breakfast was shocking. Hot food was cold and flies were all over the fruit. Breakfast finished at half 10 but get down to breakfast after 9 and there was nothing left. It took ages for the staff to refill empty trays which was annoying. The atmostphere in the restaurant was terrible reminding me of a work cafe, silent and weird, put some background music on!
We didn't eat at the restaurant in the evenings as on the first day we stayed we were told there was a buffet every night and we couldn't order of the menu. We decided to go to Big John's restaurant on around 50 meters walk along the beach. I'd recommend eating there, lovely setting and great menu.
In terms of the location, it's in a quiet part of Koh Samui. Nothing around in walking distance.
We put up with it as we were on a budget but if we have come to Rajapruek on holiday I would have been very upset. People with kids did not bother, it's dangerous. Remortgage your house, take out a loan or save for another year to stay somewhere better than this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free your mind and unleash your imagination as you set foot on the pristine beach of Koh Samui, Thailand. Our resort is a destination of quiet beauty where one can enjoy the caress of the breeze and the whispers of waves on the sand. Rajapruek Samui Resort is located along the gulf of Siam and on the serene beachfront of Lipa Noi, which is also known as Sunset Beach, one of Koh Samui's renowned private beaches. Adding to the scenery is the magnificent sunset combined with our friendly service, ensuring that your stay at the resort is peaceful and awe-inspiring. Our beach is certainly ideal for children. With its shallow waters, it is very safe for the little ones to enjoy a swim. Take pleasure from our resort at your leisure, be it swimming, canoeing, sailing or pampering yourself with a session of our relaxing massage treatment, such as oil and Thai massages. Rajapruek Samui Resort is the perfect place to spend your holiday on Koh Samui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rajapruek Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rajapruek Samui Hotel Lipa Noi
- Rajapruek Samui Koh
- Rajapruek Samui Resort Ko Samui/Lipa Noi, Thailand