“TOTALLY DEPRESSING, HORRIBLE PLACE !”

Rajapruek Samui Resort
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lipa Noi
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We came here on recommendation from a friend of the owner ! I can only say that the friend had probably not visited it in a very long time.

Together with one other place we booked in our six week trip, the worst place we stayed at. Initially booked for a week but could hardly bear to stay for a night. Booked a beach front bungalow. What we got was a garden bungalow looking at the wall of the bungalow in front. We had just had a very long journey so had to stay for one night at 2500 TBH.

This so called resort should be demolished. Almost everything is broken, breaking, very tired, old and or dirty from the room to the hotel. The beach is filthy, went in the sea and came out dirty. The swimming pool ! didn't even bother.
The following morning showed the manager ? cleaning staff, plus others, the dirty bathroom. The look of horror on their faces said it all, however, sorry was the response.
Worst meal/snack ever in the depressing restaurant, charged 50 THB for two slices of white bread, thats all they had ! My partner didn't even finish hers. Breakfast horrible, table dirty.
Everything you looked at was depressing. Building on the site next door. Couldn't wait to get out of the place quick enough. I will say one thing positive, the bed was clean and comfortable ! Everything else YURK !

Cannot understand the positive reviews and to top it all when checking out, ( despite asking, no discount offered ) on the reception desk was a TRIP ADVISOR framed certificate of excellence 2012. ? This is a complete mystery ? How on earth can this be ? Can someone please explain.
From here we booked into an excellent resort/hotel, what a relief.

Room Tip: Advise, do not waste your money unless your standards are virtually non existent.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mickthetrick

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I stayed at Rajapruek 2 years ago for my wedding (see previous review) which was an unbelievable, fairtale experience. I returned this year with 7 of my high school students and a fellow teacher to experience a more adventurous version of Koh Samui.

As my colleague already mentioned in his review, the staff at Rajapruek once again outdid themselves with their superior service. Everyone at the resort, particularly Wanlaya and Veralee made us feel welcome and at home. All activities arranged for us were carried out successfully and with a sincere willingness to make our stay a memorable one. They went over and beyond their call of duty.

So touched we were with the generosity or our hosts that, when leaving, both my colleague and I had to withhold a strong emotional urge - one which we managed to cover up with sunglasses! We were completely dejected to leave!

After Rajapruek organized both my wedding in 2011 and our school trip in 2013, I know Rajapruek is capable of making anyone's stay an amazing one. If you are considering a trip to Koh Samui, go to Rajapruek. The staff is exceptional, the resort grounds (especially the sunsets) are beautiful, and the prices are very reasonable. I am thoroughly addicted!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Having returned from Thailand just this morning, I felt I had to recommend this resort to other schools planning a trip for students as a matter of urgency. The staff, under the professional leadership of Wanlaya and Valerie, created a memorable trip for the group of learners who visited the island.

Organizing the trip via emails from South Africa took some planning but upon our arrival, we were always treated as a priority. All outings and trips lived up to what we were promised. Even on the one occasion when a service provider failed to drop us off at the correct destination, Valerie had them return to the hotel within 20 minutes to fulfill their obligation to us.

We asked for our students to have a Thai cooking course which, although not offered, was arranged, and the head chef, Gay, spent 6 hours with the students. This included a fruit carving lesson (and we went through a lot of fruit!) This was a highlight at the resort with most of the staff watching and taking photos of our efforts. Their laughter and enjoyment, especially at my dismal efforts at fruit carving, was infectious and made the activity truly memorable.

Another highlight was when we organized an April Fools prank on the students and the staff joined in, playing their parts to perfection. As the one student said: "Y'all got us good!"

To the staff of the resort, I cannot express my thanks and gratitude enough for going out of your way to make this a memorable experience for both the students. Many of our students have said they will return to the island and I put this down to the amazing effort put forward.

Thank you.

Craig van Zyl, Principal, The North American International School.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were married at Rajapruek samui resort march 10th 2013. Wanlaya and Valerie (manager & food and beverage manger) organized everything for us with elegance and grace.

We had 30 guests from Canada and France come to stay for a week. Wanlaya spent hours on end making sure everyone was properly accommodated and comfortable. We were incredibly pleased with the customer service available to us 24/7.

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful! The chairs, the wedding arch, the large table, center prices, place cards, bar and bouquet were gorgeous. They really care about their guests; your experience and stay at the resort. This showed from the food to the overall ambience. Oh and the food.... We ordered dishes from the menu at the restaurant and were not disappointed. The curries, pad Thai's and Thai appetizers are amazing. We didn't have a bad meal out entire stay.

The rooms are very very very clean. There are many choices based on price range. We stayed our first week in the beach bungalow which was spectacular. Best view on Lipa Noi :)

Overall I just want to thank Rajapruek for our unforgettable wedding and vacation. You do an amazing job and we will forever recommend your resort. Keep up the fantastic work.
Love always Elyse and Chris

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Love always Elyse and Chris

Reviewed 12 March 2013

We stayed here because my friend was getting married at this resort. Her wedding was beautiful and the food/ service was good. It was nice, quiet and relaxing. I was very impressed with how clean our room was and I really have no complaints. The staff is friendly and the beach is amazing! We rented scooters from the resort and went to the other side of the island into Chaweng and Laimai and we had a lot of fun doing this! If you are looking for more action the East side is the busier side of the island and there is definitely a lot more stuff going on. The resort is a bit expensive but breakfast is included and I can honestly say I would stay here again.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed 4 nights in a beachbungalow and 4 nights in beachfront bungalow. The location is on a quite side of the island which we liked very much.Nice beach, no sellers on the beach. Some details must be improved like the curtains, chairs outside the beachbungalow, more light in the bathroom.The service at the frontdesk was very helpfull. They organised a diner at the beach for us.The restaurant lacks ambiance, but the food is allright.Most tourists were eather French or Russian.Both with prominent presence but without negative effects.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
#12 of 30 in Mae Nam
Manathai Koh Samui
Manathai Koh Samui
#11 of 51 in Lamai Beach

Been to Rajapruek Samui Resort? Share your experiences!