“Yummy !!! :)”

87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Yummy !!! :)”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We were heading back home from Cairns and made the decision to go via the Tablelands as my husband had never been there before. Apon going through Malanda we saw the signage for the Mungalli Creek Dairy Farm and jumped at the chance to stop in as my 10year old LOVES their mango yoghurt !!!!! ..... as do I !!!!! :) The drive there is beautiful and being a HUGE lover of cows I got to see alot of them !!!! The farm itself is lovely :) There is the cafe/shop and has sitting both inside and out. Wandering around freely outside which I thought was cute were chickens !!! I had the devonshire tea and my 10 year old and hubby got a mango smoothy. The scones, jam and cream were just out of this world - just lovely. The jam was made from wild berries from the local area and the cream was fresh jersey cream. The scones were light a fluffy :) The mango smoothy was the BEST I had ever tasted!!!!! I wish i had not had it though as I am craving one already!!!!! If you are in the area it is MOST certainly worth a visit !!!!!! Go for brunch, lunch or afternoon tea ... or whenever !!!! We loved it :)

Visited December 2013

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice - but what cheese tasting?”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

A nice little cafe in the tablelands. Unfortunately it was clouded in so wasn't the usual view to enjoy. The lack of a cheese tasting was a disappointment. Overall their seasonal cheese stocks were quite depleted. The 3 cheese pie and salad we shared for lunch was very tasty. There was a good variety of other gourmet products to purchase. Like many places on the tablelands it does tend to be a bit on the expensive side for what you get, a block of cheddar, a tin of vanilla ground coffee, two coffees and one light lunch was $56! The mugs of coffee were very good though. Service was friendly albeit the German proprietor was pretty strident in voicing his opinions. Worth a visit but don't let your expectations get out of control.

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Yum!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

A great place to stop for a yummy snack on your trip through the Atherton Tablelands! It's not your typical tourist destination. It's small & quiet & off the beaten track. The staff were lovely. The ploughman's lunch was so, so good! They make THE BEST mango chutney I have ever eaten!

Visited October 2013
Brisbane, California, Usa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great little pie place”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Liked the pies and cheese, good place to break for lunch. Perched atop lush green hill overlooking a picturesque valley.

Visited October 2012
Hastings, United Kingdom
465 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 374 helpful votes
“NICE SPOT ON ROUTE TO PARONELLA PARK”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stopped off here on route to Paronella Park as part of our trip. it would be a bit difficult to access otherwise. We got a very brief and stern talk from a worker at the place. Then there was a tray of cheeses, pickles and yoghurt to try. All was delicious. unfortunately there was not much in the shop to buy but we bought a few items for our evening meal, not cheap though. my advice is it is a nice quick place to stop on route to somewhere else but I would not go out of my way to get there.

Visited August 2013