“Amazing, good value for money.”

Go Ape at Leeds Castle
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Go Ape is the UK's No.1 Forest Adventure. The classic and original Go Ape experience. We’ll brief you for safety before you fly down our zip-wires, leap off our Tarzan Swing and tackle our crossings whilst enjoying some of Britain’s most breathtaking scenery.We think everyone has the Go Ape spirit just waiting to be unleashed! There’s no greater rush than the great outdoors, so whether your tribe is a stag do, birthday party, corporate event or simply a day out with the kids, we make our courses as fun and as accessible as possible.
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I went here for part of my hen party. We had a fantastic time. The staff were very friendly and encouraging and had fun and banter with the hens. The course was excellent, brilliant for building confidence. Had 3 hours of adrenealin rush's. Everyone had a good time. It was a real physical and mental challenge. Cant wait to return with the hens again and our partners to show them what they missed.

2  Thank Rachael015
"adrenaline rush"
"birthday party"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 3 November 2010

I booked a mixed age /ability group of 8 to spend a damp morning In Bedgebury Forest near Tunbridge Wells .Kent [--]
No knowing any thing about Go Ape! or what the tree top adventure was all about thought it would be a good way to spend some time during half time.
Prices were £30 per adult and £20 for Baboons( Go Apes words not mine!)
Thought the price was expensive and had to pay extra for the car park on top as it was Forestery Comission land another £8 per car. (01580879820 vistor center.)

We were all giving harnesses and a good safety training session by our instructor Kate. Then we were left to Monkey about up in the trees.
After the inital tight rope and zip line I thought it was going to be easy but no! Lots of climbing rope ladders and walking tight ropes,crawling through a hamster tube the Tarzen swing .All at 40 foot up. It was so much fun like rollcoaster rides but you are on your own.Some of the climbing was hard work and the wires did get slippery but I would recommed this to any one fit enough to do it. There are five stations to complete, each with a variety o fdifficulty levels and the harder ones can be missed out if you don't want to do them.Should take about three hours to complete the course Do it! Do it! have fun

4  Thank missbradders
Reviewed 27 September 2010

i loved it!! i cannot wait to go again, so much fun, really recommend everyone to give it a try, i like to try different things and this was definitely like nothign ive ever done before!

Reviewed 12 September 2010

Considering I hate heights and found at several points I wanted to cry. I loved the whole experience. Its such a great achievement to complete the course even doing all of the extreme sections (apart from the last one) you feel a great sense of pride that you can push yourself to limits you would normally chicken out of. Myself and a girlfiend had such a laugh and really enjoyed to tarzan swing into the cargo net at 40 feet and the 150 meter zip line also 40 feet in the air! The course takes around 2 hours and is such a great day for all.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Was seriously considering pulling out of a trip to Go Ape. Decided to be brave & actually turn up. After safety briefing thought I would see how far I could get on the course. I consider myself to be afraid of heights so wasn't expecting to get very far!!! The first one was the scariest for me. Going up the rope ladder & realising it wobbled, meant taking a deep breath & forcing myself to carry on. The person in front of me pulled out & didn't even make it to the top of the ladder! At this point you get your money back if you can't go on - which is great cos it cost £30 for adults. Before I realised it I had completed the course - even choosing the more difficult scramble net near the end rather than an easier option!
If you are considering going I'd say do it. It was a brilliant few hours & our group were all pleased that they'd done it. The person that pulled out was kicking herself that she hadn't pushed herself.

5  Thank freakyfive