“Great experience but at a price”

Go Ape at Leeds Castle
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Go Ape is the UK's No.1 Forest Adventure. The classic and original Go Ape experience. We’ll brief you for safety before you fly down our zip-wires, leap off our Tarzan Swing and tackle our crossings whilst enjoying some of Britain’s most breathtaking scenery.We think everyone has the Go Ape spirit just waiting to be unleashed! There’s no greater rush than the great outdoors, so whether your tribe is a stag do, birthday party, corporate event or simply a day out with the kids, we make our courses as fun and as accessible as possible.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Booked myself, wife and two kids (12 & 10) on the full course at a cost of £112. Expensive yes but wanted something we could all do that was a bit of an adventure. In my opinion, well worth the cost. Took us 3 hours to complete and found it amazing fun, but a real challenge. There are 5 stages and they get progressively harder and higher. The zip wires at the end of each are fantastic and if you figure out how to land gracefully, you are one up on me! One tip I would give is take gloves as some of the tasks do hurt the hands a little. Have fun!

1  Thank M1DLD

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Even though im affraid of heights I had a really fun day at Go Ape. The staff were amazing so helpful and knowledgeable. Wear appropriate shoes because theres lots of walking and climbing. A great day out for all ages.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Wow we loved go ape! Sooooo much fun would recommend to anyone I know, I was very very nervous but wanted the challenge! The safety is taken very seriously as it is a high risk activity but you are so securely held on that I think the risk is extremely minimal! Once you have been briefed it is very simple and clever how the system works! We did have to wait a while at the bottom once we had zip wired off each section as you are only allowed 3 on each tree at one time, and 1 on each activity at one time. There were four of us and we managed to stick together, swapping who went first once we got to the the forest floor and on to the next challenge. I would recommend wrapping your feet up warm and wearing gloves though... We really needed ours! Even though it was warm I clung on so tightly it really helped to stop blisters etc...I ached so much for a few days on the upper body! Great fun just do it!!! P.s zip wires are just soooo high and amazing it's like flying!!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

What a great attraction, I took my 7 year old son last Sunday for his first trip into the treetops and he had a fantastic time. The staff were great, really helpful and reassuring, he went round 5 times in his allotted hour and particularly loved the zip wire att he end of each circuit. A great level for him as it was a challenge, particularly on the second section where there is more movement in the structures, but he had a fabulous time. We will definitely be going back, fantastic fun!

1  Thank Jo B
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Went on a hen do - really great time, will return. Friendly staff and exhilarating fun! Didn't think it would be my thing but it was great. Don't do it on a hang over though, as friends learnt to their peril!!!!

1  Thank Victoria B