“If only I didn't have vertigo!”

Go Ape at Leeds Castle
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Go Ape is the UK's No.1 Forest Adventure. The classic and original Go Ape experience. We’ll brief you for safety before you fly down our zip-wires, leap off our Tarzan Swing and tackle our crossings whilst enjoying some of Britain’s most breathtaking scenery.We think everyone has the Go Ape spirit just waiting to be unleashed! There’s no greater rush than the great outdoors, so whether your tribe is a stag do, birthday party, corporate event or simply a day out with the kids, we make our courses as fun and as accessible as possible.
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

A great way to spend an afternoon. The course was much bigger than I thought and some great zip wires across the valley. Safety training as good as you would expect. My only regret is my vertigo took hold so badly I couldn't make it to the end. I only wish the dizzy headed of us could access more zip-wires (which are ace) and bypass the totally terrifying tree bridges.

1  Thank Fraser0102
"adrenaline rush"
"birthday party"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We visited here for my friends hen do! It was so much fun! We had a mixed group of ages and ability in climbing etc but we all did really well. The instructor Simon was very too, he talked us through everything and was there if we needed a bit of support/encouragement . It was a bit windy and on a couple of the trees at site 4 it was worrying as they were really swaying but other than that a great day!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We went to go ape for my daughters birthday. The staff were friendly and attentive. The party shelter was enormous and the actual experience was awesome. Would deinately recommend. Am planning to do the adult tree top challenge next x

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I went with a stag do to Go Ape last weekend and had a great time in the trees, swinging around and doing some crazy climbs with about 15 of us. As a group activity though it is limited as you're always with the same people in front and behind you. Whilst that's not necessarily a bad thing if the idea if to get to know multiple people, have good banter around the course then Go Ape may not be the best option.

Coupled with the combination of those up for a great time on the group and other families and youngsters there can also be a fair bit of waiting around.

Saying that all out group enjoyed the activity. It was well organised, had a 'extreme' element to it and was very well explained with the harnesses and general safety given high priority.

I would recommend taking a jacket unless it's scorching as a) you can be waiting around and b) it will help with the bumps and bruises sustained along the way. When I say bumps and bruises it's more grazes!

Take care if you're going when it's hot as it's tricky to take water around with you and there's no water provided. That would be some feedback to the event!

1  Thank tim_corke
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Booked myself, wife and two kids (12 & 10) on the full course at a cost of £112. Expensive yes but wanted something we could all do that was a bit of an adventure. In my opinion, well worth the cost. Took us 3 hours to complete and found it amazing fun, but a real challenge. There are 5 stages and they get progressively harder and higher. The zip wires at the end of each are fantastic and if you figure out how to land gracefully, you are one up on me! One tip I would give is take gloves as some of the tasks do hurt the hands a little. Have fun!

1  Thank M1DLD