“Junior Go Ape - sufficiently challenging, use nectar points to pay!”

Go Ape at Leeds Castle
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Go Ape is the UK's No.1 Forest Adventure. The classic and original Go Ape experience. We’ll brief you for safety before you fly down our zip-wires, leap off our Tarzan Swing and tackle our crossings whilst enjoying some of Britain’s most breathtaking scenery.We think everyone has the Go Ape spirit just waiting to be unleashed! There’s no greater rush than the great outdoors, so whether your tribe is a stag do, birthday party, corporate event or simply a day out with the kids, we make our courses as fun and as accessible as possible.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Took my children 7&13 to go ape. Chose the junior course as the larger course required an adult to go on and I am not good with heights. My 13 year old was worried it would be to easy for her! With an easier course then a harder one, both were sufficiently challenging and at least 8ft off the ground high enough too. Junior go ape is only for one hour which is enough for children, but at £17 is expensive. I used nectar points to pay for one child and paid for the other to make it more reasonable. A great start to the school holidays, especially as you can look around the castle and grounds after on an annual ticket.

1  Thank sandra6259
in 9 reviews
"beautiful surroundings"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great Castle with a lot to see and do, also do special events including a classical music evening, with fly pasts and all, a great afternoon and evening out. A bonus to have in Kent.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Go Ape is fantastic and well worth the money.. If you of the lager size like myself you are still able to do it.. The experience lasts about 3 hours and a lot of climbing and moving tricky bridges to cross.. But also easier roots for those who are less confident..
You work your way through the course on your own but there is staff situated everywhere to give you help if you encounter problems.. The best part for me was doing the zip wires :-) I've come home feeling tired and have various bruises which I can honestly say I'm proud off..
Not only does it test your strength but makes you more determined to do it.. Some of the platforms are 40 feet high but after the first area the height didn't bother me. They even have a junior one for under 18's. The price was £30 and I say good value for money, I will be doing this again in September.
Can be done in most weathers.. Thoroughly enjoyed my day so it's a big thumbs up from me.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Went with my wife & 16 yr old son.
I'm scared of heights so was tentative.
You get a good briefing to begin with which lasts around 30 mins. This includes securing harness & how to attatch to cables.
You then go into the first stage which is slightly lower than some others. On climbing the first rope ladder I quietly whispered to my wife that I wasn't sure I would be able to continue due to the height.
However, I persevered & my fear disappeared. I can honestly say I was amazed as I suffer going up a step ladder let alone 20-30 feet up.
In fact I even started to enjoy myself.
It really is good fun & by the end you find connecting the cables second nature.
My only gripe would be that it is a little expensive. For 3 of us it was over £100.
We took around 2.5 hours including the briefing.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked this for my daughters 8th birthday and she had a wonderful time and so did her friends. I was worried the kids were responsible for clipping on and off the activities but they are attached all the way round and were very safe. The zip wire was the favourite and the kids were v brave. The only comment I would make would be to choose an off peak time as if busy the kids get less turns and that's not really fair, also if there is a hold up your child has to wait. This also really only suits those kids with no fear otherwise they will not cope, it really is for the brave. (Not me)