“Delicious works of art”
Review of Ike's Place

Ike's Place
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Stanford
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

Such amazing sandwiches here. From the hidden secret menu to the "standard" choices, you really can't go wrong. Dutch crunch is my favorite bread and I am a huge fan of the Godfather sauce. Lines can get long so be prepared to wait around lunchtime unless you call in your order.

Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Checked this out yesterday for the first time. I had previously seen the shop's sf location featured man vs food. The wait was long, but worth it. We also arrived at noon during peak lunch rush. Although I'm not vegan, I was excited to see all the vegan faux meats and cheeses along with the gluten free bread option. For the carnivore patron, the menu never ends. There are probably 50+ sandwich options. I ordered a spiffy tiffy which was stacked with pesto, chicken, provolone, and avocado. I'm excited to go back and order 15 new sandwiches. Until next time!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

The key with Ike's is being prepared and knowing that you are going to have to wait a while. The lines are outrageously long, and it can take an hour just to order. Then, you have to wait about another half-hour. Of course, everyone is there for a reason; the sandwiches are awesome. The menu is full of unique sandwiches; personal favorites include the Pastrami-Charmed Life and the Jim Rome (anything with red pesto is a winner). The best thing to do is call ahead and order; it still might take a while for them to make your sandwich, but you will definitely save time in the long run and won't have to wait in line. Just make sure you check out a menu online before you call. Definitely five stars based on the food, just have to knock it for the lines.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I have never had a more incredible vegetarian sandwich. I don't know if I've ever had a more mindblowing sandwich, anywhere, ever. The Pilgrim and the vegetarian version of the Jim Rome are both worth committing felony offenses for.

Yes, the lines are always long and the prices are a little high... But I have yet to find a single lunch place in the greater Palo Alto area that I prefer.

I wrote Ike a note to this effect that I casually slipped onto his table while he was doing some work in the Place. I also proposed marriage to his sandwiches. Perhaps this gives some indication of how much you should be craving some avocado, pesto, tofurkey, fake'in, Dutch Crunch, cranberry sauce, and that warm feeling that bubbles up inside you when they call your name and your perfect, masterpiece of a sandwich is ready...

Reviewed 6 April 2012

The food was wonderful but it took over 30 minutes to get it and this is a counter sandwich shop. Folks were friendly but a long wait. I would try it again because maybe it was just an off day. Really tasty custom sandwiches.

1  Thank Natsfan24