“I wish we could have stayed longer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caerleon
Pendragon House B&B
Ranked #1 of 8 Caerleon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Everything about this place was wonderful. The room was great, the location was great, the hosts and the breakfast--all great! They have a little trap door in the floor where you can see the Roman road below the building. Plus Kathryn knew about everything near by--even where the BBC had done some TV shooting recently..If you go to Carleon, this is the place to be!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MegDesc

Reviewed 7 August 2014

As a single lady travelling alone the warm welcome I received from Kathryn and Peter was great. I had also only booked one night on my way to friends in north Wales and one night a few days later on my way back to the Cornwall. This was not a problem for them though it is the middle of the main tourist season and many many B&Bs require a minimum of 2 consecutive nights stay. But Kathryn and Peter managed to fit me in even though they were busy themselves. Peter was very helpful and came to the nearest carpark which is free for Pendragon guests to help me with my luggage and Kathryn couldn't do enough to ensure my comfort. Also as a single person I didn't really want to have to go out to find an evening meal. That was not a problem as Kathryn happily provided me with my very own picnic tea. The double room was clean and comfortable and I felt very much at home. They are lovely people and have much to offer both occasional travellers and those on longer holidays. And on my return journey I arrived earlier than expected but was still able to go to my room before taking a stroll round Caerleon which was very enjoyable as I had no idea that it had been a very important Roman settlement. So for those interested in the history of the area as well as wishing to enjoy the surrounding countryside this B&B is ideal. I would happily stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: I had the back double which was quieter as although Caerleon is a small town it is still an urban lo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CornwallArtist
Reviewed 7 July 2014

What a lovely and welcoming hosts Kathryn and Peter are. All rooms are a excellent standard, with very good Wi - Fi in the rooms and all the trimmings.
Good choice for Breakfast, very comfortable beds and always a smile.
I would recommend the Pendragon House to everyone, this
is by far the best in Carleon.
Thank you very much for your hospitality.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gazza3116
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It's hard to know where to begin when writing about such a lovely stay. Even as the door was opened to us we felt warmly welcomed, and that feeling stayed with us all through the two days we were at Pendragon House. Kath and Peter are amazing hosts - friendly and determined to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. The room was beautiful - tastefully designed (not easy in a Grade II listed building!), spotlessly clean and fresh, with a neat little bathroom en suite. The bed was blissfully comfortable and the heating was adjustable, so we felt just right. The bedding was top quality, as were the abundant towels in the bathroom. Fresh bottled water was provided each day, and fresh milk for the variety of tea and coffee in the room. The little kettle just holds enough water for two - very good for conservation. Kath told us Pendragon House has an award for being Eco-friendly, recycling etc.
There was even a torch in the room, for use in case of fire - a small thing, but a potential life-saver.
Breakfast was wonderful! We were able to choose from a huge menu, and it was delightful to have anything we wanted from the list. I had different things each morning, to make the most of the choice! Kath's omelettes are superb. They should be declared a Welsh national treasure!
As if all this isn't enough to make a perfect stay, our trip was enhanced by the chats we had with Kath and Peter during breakfast. Not having been to Caerleon before, we were unsure of the location of attractions, the best places to eat and other things to see in the surrounding area. They were a mine of information, and gave us leaflets and flyers about everything of interest in the town and nearby country, from the amphitheatre to the pubs with the best beer!
What a happy stay! We intend to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ruth W
Reviewed 22 April 2014

You are really lucky if you are staying here. The house is charming and excellently decorated and the proprietors are worth their weight in gold. We had to catch a train before dawn and not only did Kath find us a cab but she got up to see to our breakfast when we begged her to sleep in. Caerleon is the most lovely sleepy little village I have ever visited. Everything you could want is within walking distance; apart from a train - but the quick bus service to Newport is regular, timely and runs late into the night. The B&B experience was so nice we wish we had more time in Caerleon just to lounge around our lodgings. We intend to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I'm somewhat late in leaving this review of Pendragon house which for us was truly a wonderful stay.

We were made to feel so welcome by aunty Kath and her hubby that it was as though we were family, they both could not have done more to accommodate us. I cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough and if you are looking to stay in this area then look nowhere else, a warm and friendly stay with a hearty breakfast awaits you there!

Lovely people, lovely property, thank you very much!
Stewart, Stephanie and Savannah

Room Tip: It's easy to drive past this B&B.. look out for the bulls head pub when driving through Caer...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed at the wonderful Pendragon House this week and couldn't have been happier with this lovely B&B.

The owners are incredibly friendly and made our stay very enjoyable. The room was spotless, the beds were comfy and the breakfast......delicious!

I shall certainly be booking up to stay again when I visit Caerleon again later this year. Impeccable service from the lovely Kath & Peter.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caerleon
0 mi away
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newport
The Stuffed Dormouse Hotel

Been to Pendragon House B&B? Share your experiences!