National Roman Legion Museum
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Caerleon
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

If you have kids then you need to go here they are amazing it will keep them entertained for hours and also they will learn things while they are here.

1  Thank J-Reeves91

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We sadly didn't have much time - enough for a good look around the Baths, and then a quick look round the museum. The baths were excellent, with lots of great information about the lives of the soldiers who would have used them. The 'swimming pool' lighting was really well done - although the darkness did make it difficult for me to imagine them outside, as I believe part of the baths we walked round would have been. I liked the yellow triangles to draw our attention to things we wouldn't have noticed without them.

Unfortunately we had to rush in the museum. I gather from signs around the museum that there was an audio tour, but we weren't told about this when we came in and I don't think would have had time for it anyway. Without that many of the displays of things they'd found were a little dull, although I was much more interested in the section on military history. And the themed toilet was brilliant!

1  Thank moragb908
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Ancient history buffs will be fascinated! It is definitely worth a quick look. We were on our way up into the mountains, and to Tintern Abbey, but I just had to have a peek.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I hadn't been back to Caerleon for over 45 years & had only been to the amphitheatre (which is still good). The Baths are excellent & with imaginative lighting & graphics bring it all back to life. We just don't know what is under our feet. You must go - the museum next door is great & all ages/abilities well catered for

1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 14 June 2014

It was very good and the amphitheatre was great and the museum was nice, and educational, the outside area was nice and apmosherical

2  Thank Beets M