“A window into Roman life”

National Roman Legion Museum
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Caerleon
Reviewed 9 August 2014

OK, so it's a little hokey. But Caerleon is all about Romans, and here you can try being one! They have all sorts of interactive stuff; I'm sure it's great for kids. My teen and I tried on the Roman helmet and armor--it was all such fun.

1  Thank MegDesc

Reviewed 3 August 2014

all good well put together exhibition,ideal for adults and children ,very informative .Nice items in the shop also not overpriced

1  Thank ellenkidd
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I live locally, and when family visit we always take them to the museum, and we have always had a great time.we have taken several groups of children who always do the quiz and really enjoy it and get given a pencil or toy at the end by the staff who mark their answers. This time when I took my cousins children they weren't given anything at the end. Not a problem, but the children before us were, and the children afterwards were. We are English, they were Welsh. I was upset as I didn't expect to be treated like that at the museum. we always tell people how lovely it is there, but now, I don't think I will go again. Such a shame the staff was so racist.

5  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We came across this museum when looking at what to do in the wet whilst on holiday. Friendly, helpful staff, a small but informative museum, child friendly activities topped off with the obligatory dressing up costumes. What's more it is free! Highly recommended.

1  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We visited the reconstruction and excavation of the Roman baths. Wonderful recreation, great information and very helpful staff.